- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"Bridge House, as others have mentioned, has a gracious and welcoming staff, excellent service. Our room was one of the lesser ones but comfo..."
"We decided to take a last minute night away and The Bridge House was pretty much the only decent looking place in the area that had availabi..."
"The room was comfortable. However the restaurant was over priced and not very family friendly. We were dining with our daughter and grandson..."
About the hotel
Step in to the Bridge House and you can sense the 700 year old former priest’s house character, With crackling log fires in centuries-old inglenooks, stone mullioned windows, oak beams and candles. There’s time to relax and be waited on without fuss or hurry in an environment that is both ancient and modern. Our aim is to create an unpretentious, country retreat as well as a luxury Dorset hotel.
Bridge House has 14 bedrooms, all ensuite with new bathrooms offering superb holiday and corporate accommodation in this part of Dorset. All have the finest Fretté, Egyptian cotton linen from Italy as well as waffle guest robes, Molton Brown toiletries, flat screen TVs, wi-fi, digital telephones, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Massage , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Warm and welcoming
Bridge House, as others have mentioned, has a gracious and welcoming staff, excellent service.
Our room was one of the lesser ones but comfortable. Dinner was sourced from local ingredients , very nicely presented. The pork belly confit was a highlight. The breakfast offerings were varied and generous. In the summer meals are served in the garden. If you are in the area, worthy of a stopover.
Great hidden gem
We decided to take a last minute night away and The Bridge House was pretty much the only decent looking place in the area that had availability.
What an accidental find. Beautiful village location just seven miles from the incredible Jurassic coast. Sumptuous bedroom with an 'air bath' and super comfortable bed. Dinner was exceptional and breakfast was possibly the freshest and most varied I have had at a hotel in years. The service was also great and super friendly. We will definitely be back.