- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"Very welcoming and accommodating friendly and polite, we did think the rooms were overpriced £139 for bed and breakfast. The room was lovely..."
"We stayed overnight only, to visit Haddon Hall the following day. Our room was two flights up and there was no lift which is why I haven't g..."
"Very centrally located. Friendly and helpful staff (especially with the parking). In need of a little refurbishment but is clean and comfort..."
"We stayed in one of the courtyard rooms which was across the road from the main hotel. Unfortunately the wifi did not extend to these rooms...."
"Very friendly & helpful staff. Excellent evening meal & breakfast..."
About the hotel
This 19th-century hotel between Matlock and Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District. Located in Bakewell's historic town centre, free private parking is available and Haddon Hall is just a 5-minute drive away. It has its own restaurant and free Wi-Fi access.
On the edge of the Chatsworth Estate, Chatsworth House can be reached after a 10-minute drive. Rooms are located either in the beautiful main building or the courtyard. Each room features a TV, radio and private bathroom. The restaurant offers exciting menus, and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The first ever Bakewell Pudding was made at The Rutland Arms Hotel. Jane Austen is believed to have stayed at the hotel whilst writing Pride and Prejudice
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Foreign (European)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Rutland stay for brothers wedding
Very welcoming and accommodating friendly and polite, we did think the rooms were overpriced £139 for bed and breakfast.
The room was lovely overlooking the gardens 10 out of 10 breakfast was very good and all staff very attentive both at breakfast check in and check out overall it was a great experience but overpriced £90 would be much more sensible per night.
Rutland Arms Hotel
We stayed overnight only, to visit Haddon Hall the following day.
Our room was two flights up and there was no lift which is why I haven't given 6out of 6 for that, however the staff offered and did take our cases up and down again for us. We had dinner in the evening and the food was delicious. Not haute cuisine but the food itself was freshly cooked, hot and tasted super. All the staff we spoke to were polite, engaged and efficient.
Cost for the whole stay was reasonable and bar prices not out of the way nowadays, we thought it good value for money.