- 8 guest reviews
"This hotel is right inside the Cathedral grounds, which is surrounded by walls and not easy to get into unless you know where you're going...."
"There is no better location to stay in Canterbury than within the lee of the cathedral itself. To have the cathedral as your main view from..."
"The Cathedral Lodge was a very positive surprise. Friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms with many features (no photos online) and a great b..."
"we enjoyed our stay, the location was excellent, the room was in a great position looking out on the cathedral. Everything was clean and tid..."
About the hotel
Situated within the beautiful private grounds of the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral, you'll find the Canterbury Cathedral Lodge - perfect retreat. A great location nestled in the City, our modern hotel rooms provide stunning and unrivalled views of the Cathedral itself. With only 35 bedrooms, you will receive a dedicated, friendly service in a setting that is peaceful, secure and relaxing.
We also offer Cathedral Value Rooms, located in a building adjacent to the main Lodge. Although these "no frills" rooms do not benefit from Cathedral Views, they are the perfect solution for someone on a budget wishing to explore the area. Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is ideal for the leisure and business traveller, with excellent conference facilities with a purpose-built meeting and conference venue. The lodge is an ideal base to explore Canterbury's picturesque, cobbled streets and visit the City's eateries where we guests are offered discounted meals, and shops. Guests will enjoy relaxing in an oasis of calm in the centre of the city. Parking Vouchers for the public car park (5 min walk) can be purchased from reception. A deposit payment equivalent to one night's stay will be taken at the time if booking. All guests receive free entrance to the Cathedral worth £9. 00 per person.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 13/10/2016 to 13/10/2021 - A deposit of the first nights stay is taken at the time of booking, This is refundable up to 3pm 48hours before the day of arrival. Please contact us to book parking or obtain directions. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Great location and breakfast menu.
This hotel is right inside the Cathedral grounds, which is surrounded by walls and not easy to get into unless you know where you're going.
The website could be more useful. The staff were very pleasant, if a little 'Stepford Wives'. The hotel has wifi, but you have to sign a sheet promising not to use 'inappropriate websites' in order to 'respect the sanctity' of the Cathedral. Quite what website I may use in the privacy of my own expensive hotel room is 'inappropriate' It didn't say, but they appear so pre-occupied with this that the password is your surname. Likewise there is printed onto your pass-card a similar injunction. I found the presumption that normal civilised behaviour and lifestyle choice was somehow not sufficient rather offensive. This is an expensive hotel. There is no lounge/bar or provision for food beyond breakfast. The 'Deluxe Double' room I had was quite small with a shower rather than bath. The whole building however was very clean. The bed was very firm, and had very thick firm foam pillows, which are fine for sitting up to read, but horrible to try and sleep on. Breakfast was excellent however. A great choice of hot/cooked options. All in all, it rather felt like a very expensive Y Centre.
Canterbury Cathedral Lodge