- 7 guest reviews
"This hotel lived up to its reputation, the room was fantastic, staff very helpful, I would without doubt book this hotel again..."
"Although the some parts of the woodwork in the bathroom could do with some minor repairs and a refresh of paint this did not affect the over..."
"Lovely hotel would go back again...."
"Very comfortable stay, staff excellent, food excellent. Room big and very comfortable = good nights sleep. Will definitely use this hotel ag..."
"I only spent one night here, but wow! Beautiful, sumptuous rooms, a Christmas tree and atmosphere to add to the seasonal charm, an excellent..."
About the hotel
St Elizabeth’s House is a traditional Georgian Manor House situated in the historic village of Plympton near Plymouth, Devon. Combining the splendour of the hotel’s historic epoch with contemporary, state-of-the-art features, St Elizabeth’s offers an idyllic retreat from the stresses of modern day living. The hotel boasts 9 acres of sweeping lawns and beautifully landscaped gardens, lending a beautiful surrounding to St Elizabeth’s traditional charm.
Small and independent, the service at the hotel has a friendly, personal quality, Sure to enhance your enjoyment of a stay at St Elizabeth’s House. The hotel has 15 unique and exclusive bedrooms which have been individually designed. Each room has its own elegant bathroom with separate bath and shower, creating an exceptional level of luxury for all guests. All rooms are well-appointed with Vi-Spring mattresses, 42-inch LCD screen televisions, deluxe Egyptian cotton sheets, luxury bathrobes and European Oak furniture throughout. For the ultimate stay you can upgrade to the St Elizabeth's Suite. This glorious room features a separate lounge and an adjoining bathroom with a Tueco Seaside whirlpool bath, a 27-inch tile vision TV in the bathroom and its own private terrace. Additionally, the two Junior Suites offer either a hand-carved limestone bath or twin roll-tops baths, side by side, to complete a truly relaxing stay. The superb Restaurant embraces a warm and friendly atmosphere with a touch of charm. Inside you will find a relaxed ambience, full of style and comfort with its smart interior, crisp white napkins, and a varied menu which changes regularly. St Elizabeth's head chef proudly presents an exciting menu, which consistently delivers course after course of fine food. An ever-changing range of meats, fish, pastas, risotto and vegetables are all served to suite all palates, using fresh ingredients, locally sourced where possible. St Elizabeth's fine setting and exquisite menu mean that it is suitable for almost all occasions: romantic dinner for two, reunion with friends, family celebration; luncheon from the bar snack menu, or a private function for up to 60 people. Using the full house facilities, diners may enjoy their pre-dinner drink and after-dinner coffee in one of the large comfortable armchairs or make the most of the long, warm summer evenings on the garden terrace. The bar at St Elizabeth's offers a relaxed and inviting atmosphere with comfy sofas, a selection of speciality beers and an extensive wine list: there is sure to be an option to suit every taste. Enjoy a morning coffee, afternoon tea or even a light lunch, whilst appreciating the fine views of Devon countryside. The intimate coffee lounge is the ideal retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, and in the warmer months the terrace is the perfect place to enjoy the sunshine. St Elizabeth’s House is situated in the beautiful and traditional village of Plympton, on the outskirts of Plymouth. To the north of the village lies the breathtaking Dartmoor National Park, where you can enjoy miles of terrain to explore. Local historical sites include Buckland Abbey and Plympton’s own Saltram House; one of Britains best preserved examples of a Georgian House. Plymouth has a wide range of activities on offer, including the National Marine Aquarium, The Theatre Royal, The Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery, The Plymouth Pavilions and several cinemas, shopping centres and sports arenas.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
St Elizabeth's House
This hotel lived up to its reputation, the room was fantastic, staff very helpful, I would without doubt book this hotel again
Although the some parts of the woodwork in the bathroom could do with some minor repairs and a refresh of paint this did not affect the overall experience and service we received when visiting the hotel for the first time.
We will definitely try and stay there again when visiting family in the area.