- 34 guest reviews
"The hotel looked very grand from the outside, but could do with minor work on the inside to bring it up to its full potential. As we arriive..."
"Receptionist was friendly but couldn't direct me to Windsor which according to satnav, was only 3 miles away. Room was small, relatively cl..."
"Very quiet and peaceful night, ok not top notch, basic and clean, all you need for a one night stay, breakfast in the morning is worth every..."
"This is a beautiful building run down in places - but in terms of value for money it was good The rooms were clean and varied in size - I ha..."
"Broken plug in bath tub. Had to use credit card to wedge a small gap so water could run out. Took all night to drain and was quiet noisy. Ap..."
About the hotel
Baylis House is one of the architectural jewels in Slough’s crown. Set in four acres of landscaped grounds, the stunning Grade 1 listed building provides unique hotel, conference and banqueting facilities. The stunning entrance with its long sweeping drive will captivate you from the moment you arrive.
The newly built extension of beautifully appointed en-suite, air conditioned bedrooms offers superb accommodation for any traveller and Baylis House prides itself on its high standard of service and attention to detail. All rooms offer tea and coffee making facilities, wireless internet and satellite TV. A large complimentary car park is also available for guest use. Dining at Baylis House is not to be missed too; Season’s Restaurant offers a wide selection of the best of Indian Cuisine freshly prepared by talented chefs and led by Head Chef D S Thapa. The well stocked bar offers a great range of wines and beers for guests to enjoy. Slough Trading Estate plays home to many major international companies and is a short 5 minutes drive away. The hotel is also ideally placed for visiting the many tourist attraction in the area from Legoland to Thorpe Park and Ascot Racecourse and London Heathrow is less than 10 miles away. For a superb day out, take time to visit Windsor castle, located less than 5 miles away. Slough train & Bus station are only a 10 minute walk away. Whether celebrating a wedding, an anniversary or attending a conference, Baylis House has superb conference and events facilities for up to 600 guests. Its flexible design allows for the smaller meetings for around ten people or for something a bit special the Boardroom in the Grade 1 listed mansion would be perfect. Please note that when checking photo ID is required when making payment for your reservation.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
Avoid at all costs
We stayed here for a Hindi blessing.
We had issues from the start with the checking in but that eventually got resolved 45 minutes later between the receptionist and Late Rooms customer service. The room we got was covered in dust. The floor. The lamps. The remote control. Everything. Even the cushions. The shower rail was caked in rust. The bedding had multiple hairs under and on top of the mattress protector and the bedding had strange black marks.
As the dust woke me up triggering my asthma I went to the night receptionist who took my complaint and said he would pass it onto the manager who was in between 8-830. A different room wasn't even offered. I waited to checkout under the impression that management would be in to speak to. Low and hold it was the receptionist from the night before. Naturally I asked for a refund. That was dodged at all costs as there was 'no one in who could get the cash from the safe'. It's a Saturday morning with two big events on and no management is in?!. I asked her to call the management. She refused over and over. I was given an email which doesn't work at all.
When she did make a phone call she called the previous receptionist and spoke in what I assume to be Urdu. I have no idea what they was saying and was appalled English wasn't being used so I knew exactly what was being said. Still haven't heard from management and I'm still waiting for my refund. Dodgy staff in a grotty hotel. Do not use!!
Cold cold cold
We arrived late due to traffic and distance.
Gates were locked and took me calling the reception to get gate open. Receptionist took my bank card to a different room as the card machine wasn't working, he didn't like me questioning it. He did move our rooms so not to use stairs (husband on crutches). The room was cold, unable to turn off Airton, it's centrally controlled. The lights didn't work, the duvet was dirty, the shower was cold. Worst hotel I have had the unfortunately to stay in.