- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"This was a wonderful place to stay, beautifully presented, well positioned with excellent customer service. Will definitely be recommending..."
"The hotel was perfectly located, and our room was very quiet, despite a wedding party taking place there. The room was comfortable with love..."
"The evening dinner we had was excellent. The waiting staff were friendly and professional. Nice walks from the Hotel around the harbour and..."
"Service excellent in every way and an absolute pleasure to stay at this hotel. Credit to the staff and management. Will definitely be back...."
About the hotel
The Bell has been an important centre of Sandwich life since Tudor times. A Bell Inn has existed on The Quay, adjacent to the Barbican Gate and Toll, overlooking what would have been the harbour, now the River Stour, since about 1300. The present listed building is mainly 19th century.
Today with its 37 en suite bedrooms; a Georgian regency room catering for up to 120 guests; and The Old Dining Room Restaurant with a menu specialising in local produce and two bars. We now except Pets in some of our rooms by prior arrangement. All accommodation rates quoted are inclusive of a continental or cooked breakfast. From the buffet, a basket of freshly baked croissants, pain au chocolat and mixed breads, fresh fruit salad, fruit basket, selection of cereals, jams and marmalades, local honey, local yoghurts - selection of plain or live, home baked ham and napoli salami and a platter of sliced cheese. There is a selection of local orchard juices, orange juice and cranberry juice. For a cooked breakfast choose from local free range eggs (poached, boiled, scrambled or fried), grilled smoked or unsmoked local bacon, homemade herb sausages, grilled mushrooms, fresh grilled tomatoes or smoked kippers. We operate a no smoking policy in all the bedrooms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 04/11/2014 to 30/11/2023 - Pets are allowed but subject to availability, please check before you book to find out if we have a room available. Charges will apply at £5 per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A fantastic stay!
This was a wonderful place to stay, beautifully presented, well positioned with excellent customer service.
Will definitely be recommending it to friends and family.
Comfortable room, excellent food
The hotel was perfectly located, and our room was very quiet, despite a wedding party taking place there.
The room was comfortable with lovely view. It would have been improved by a mini bar and a hair drier. The service was excellent and the food served in the restaurant outstanding and excellent value for money - we were very pleasantly surprised.