- Very Good
- 61 guest reviews
"Welcome was good, food excellent, room vast but some of the furnishings were a bit tatty. Bathroom looking tired with some grotty grouting a..."
"The staff on checking in were very pleasant as were all the staff in general. The hotel sits in nice parkland grounds and is itself a fairly..."
"Beautiful big old building just asI like a hotel to be , very impressive looking standing in massive grounds, beautiful walk through woods,..."
"Staff were lovely. Nothing was a problem to them.Suite was very tired and dated.Shower had no power whatsoever, a dribble was the extent of..."
"The food service was a bit slow but was not in a hurry..."
About the hotel
Luxury 4 star hotel only 30 minutes from Inverness and 15 minutes from Inverness Airport. The Newton Hotel is located in Nairn , renowned for it’s fine weather and miles of untouched sandy beaches. The Hotel occupies a beautiful historic building built in 1872 and once frequented by Charlie Chaplin.
Overlooking the Moray Forth and beyond to the Black Isle it is surrounded by 21 acres of mature parkland and gardens, home to the resident Highland Cattle - Haggis, Neeps and Tatties. The hotel offers 56 bedrooms including spacious Executive Rooms, Family Rooms and 5 luxury Suites. Enjoy dinner in the AA Rosette Chaplin's restaurant or choose from a wide selection of Bar Meals. Within a short distance of the hotel you can enjoy the Speyside Whisky Trail, Loch Ness, Cairngorm’s ski resort, or dolphin spotting in the Moray Forth. The Newton encompasses the The Highland Conference Centre and provides a fantastic venue for weddings, conferences and events for up to 450 people. We welcome dogs to the hotel and will be charged at £15. 00 per dog per stay. They are not permitted in public areas and must not be left unattended in the bedrooms.
Showing Tuesday 13 October 2015 to Wednesday 14 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Golf 18 Hole
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
One night stay
Welcome was good, food excellent, room vast but some of the furnishings were a bit tatty.
Bathroom looking tired with some grotty grouting around the toilet and shower cubicle areas.
september 2015 stay
The staff on checking in were very pleasant as were all the staff in general.
The hotel sits in nice parkland grounds and is itself a fairly grand building. Although it has some nice features and character that come with an older building, Internally in parts the hotel is a little tired in places and is probably fairer of the grade 3 star as opposed to 4 but all in all a pleasant stay and we would return.