- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"We stayed at the boat hotel for two nights while we were snowboarding in the cairngorms. The hotel is quite dated and has a bit of an odd fe..."
"Room was a little small for price but it was last minute and last room available so acceptable...."
"This was a one night retreat for my husband's birthday with no disturbances or phone calls. When we entered our room we were pleased straigh..."
"The majority of our stay was great, the room, food and value for money were great. However the waiter in the restaurant put a cloud on our s..."
About the hotel
Arriving at The Boat Hotel for the first time can be be compared to returning as house guests of a close friend, where needs are anticipated before arrival and the welcome is genuine. Where else can you wear your Hunter wellies at 8am, golf spikes at 3pm and dress up or down for dinner? But while we offer our guests comfort some luxury and indulgence, this is not a stuffy hotel where you can’t sit on the furniture or let your kids enjoy themselves. Nestled in a tranquil picturesque setting deep within the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, near Aviemore, lies the historic and unique award wining Boat Hotel & Bistro.
Adjacent to the renowned Boat of Garten Golf Club we boast some of the best food in the Cairmgorms, with comfortable spacious accommodations and some rooms with breathtaking mountain view rooms. The Boat Hotel is a place where you can relax and enjoy your well deserved leisure time, then put your feet up. Hotel Highlights: * Bistro & Bar Dining * Range of guest rooms including King Bed Deluxe Garden Terrace & Four Poster Junior Suites * Child Friendly Hotel near Landmark Forest Adventure Park and Kids Stay & Eat Free * Meeting & Events facilities for up to 65 * Close to the Cairngorm Ski Resort and adjacent Boat of Garten Golf Club Whether you're looking for an active or relaxing break, an inspirational meeting or private dining venue for your next event, planning a fabulous wedding, looking to indulge in a glass of your favourite tipple by the log fire or simply join us for some of the best food in the Cairngorm National Park. The Boat Hotel & Bistro combines historic charm with modern facilities to provide the leading destination and first choice country retreat hotel in the Aviemore area.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Golf 18 Hole , Mountain Bike Hire , Fishing , Quad Biking , Clay Pigeon Shooting , Sailing
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Private dining services
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
a varied experience
We stayed at the boat hotel for two nights while we were snowboarding in the cairngorms.
The hotel is quite dated and has a bit of an odd feel to it. We dined in the restaurant both nights the food was acceptable but nothing to shout about. The room was nice and fairly quiet, there was a small amount of noise from the people next door. The breakfast we had one of the mornings delivered to the room was really very poor quality. My fiance received one small burnt piece of bacon, one sausage, a burnt fried egg and one tomato. There was no salt and pepper, no sauces and no toast. It was very disappointing. We would not stay again, we would find somewhere else in Aviemore.
The Boat Hotel
Room was a little small for price but it was last minute and last room available so acceptable.