- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Great base to explore the New Forest, Portsmouth and surrounding areas. Kids eat free!..."
"I travel a lot for work so have lots of experience of places calling themselves a spa hotel where you get a tiny lukewarm pool and ropey jac..."
"Excellent hotel and facilities ,staff very helpful, will use again when I visit my son at Portsmouth university..."
"We were warmly greeted at Reception and, throughout our stay, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was lovely, with fresh..."
"The hotel facilities were great and the pool excellent for the kids. The room next door was incredibly noisy on the Friday night and even af..."
About the hotel
You will find this luxurious hotel with spa a haven of peace and quiet, a perfect place to forget the pressures of every day life and indulge in some rest and relaxation. The hotel provides a range of guest rooms including family rooms (some with bunk beds), four posters, suites and adapted rooms. Whichever room type you choose you'll find lots of thoughtful touches - like complimentary mineral water, fresh ground coffee and a great tea selection, free WiFi internet access and a complimentary newspaper.
You'll receive complimentary membership of the Spa during your stay, giving you access to a range of spa facilities. Take a pulse-pumping workout using the the latest exercise equipment in the well-equipped gym or take part in one of the spa's many activity classes. If endorphin rushes aren’t for you, retreat to the whirlpool and steam room, take a relaxing swim in the 13m deck level swimming pool and supercharge your senses with a range of spa treatments. Solent Hotel use spa products for both men and women from the internationally acclaimed ESPA range - including natural oils, revitalising seaweeds and marine algae. Rejuvenate and renew with a therapeutic facial or cocoon yourself in a tranquil body wrap. Whatever the season, taste the very best of the Solent at the Terrace Restaurant Bar & Grill. With fabulous daily menus that showcase the region’s excellent produce, dine indoors or al fresco (during the summer months) for breakfast, lunch and evening dinner. For guests staying at the hotel for leisure breaks there is no shortage of places to visit. The New Forest, Beaulieu, Portsmouth's Naval heritage and the Isle of Wight are some of our favourites. For business guests, The Solent Hotel has 19 meeting rooms and is well-equipped to host your training course or sales conference - whatever the size. If you need to be on the south coast for business, you will find the location just off the M27 makes getting about very easy - Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester and the M3 are all within easy striking distance. And the fast train service from London means it is just over an hour away too! The Solent Hotel & Spa is part of the Shire Hotel Group, winners of the AA Hotel Group of the year 2003-04 and the RAC Hotel Group of the Year 2004-05.
Showing Tuesday 31 March 2015 to Wednesday 1 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 14/02/2015 to 01/01/2016 - Please be aware the Restaurant is shut for table bookings on the 14th February; 24th-26th December and 31st December. Please contact the hotel for alternate options for dining. The LateRooms.com rates for Solent Hotel & Spa - Shire Hotels in Fareham are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Solent Hotel & Spa - Shire Hotels
Great base to explore the New Forest, Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
Kids eat free!
I travel a lot for work so have lots of experience of places calling themselves a spa hotel where you get a tiny lukewarm pool and ropey jacuzzi, so when I realised this hotel was in the middle of nowhere on the edge of an industrial estate my expectations were low...but hey it was cheap and we needed a bed for one night.
How wrong I was. Greeted by fantasticly genuine receptionist who wasnt just going through a script, the decor and layout made a new building look cosy and charming, spa huge and clean, and every staff member genuinely friendly and helpful - gave the impression they really liked working there rather than just doing any job. Only tiny quibble was at £4 for a single cup of coffee in the lounge was a bit steep, but then there was a free coffee machine in the room and the fresh milk was a nice touch.