- 36 guest reviews
"Nice comfortable hotel, good room, friendly and helpful staff..."
"The staff at the Northumberland were very helpful and friendly, I couldn't have asked for more. The room itself was ideal for my needs, my o..."
"Very nice room for the money with a nice view of South Edinburgh...."
"Very friendly staff. But my room needed a good bleaching in the bathroom and wardrobe. The tv controls was stinking too...."
About the hotel
Welcome to the Northumberland Hotel in Edinburgh, a traditional, child-friendly, individually styled hotel which is an ideal base for golf breaks, shopping and tourist attractions. The hotel has an experienced and dedicated team who, through their personal service, aim to ensure that guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay. The Northumberland Hotel is a 22 bedroomed hotel situated just 1.
6 miles from Edinburgh city centre. The hotel is ideally located for business travellers, golf breaks, families and sightseeing. The city centre is just 5 minutes away by bus or taxi. Discover world-class museums and galleries, take a tour on an open-top bus or even visit the city's own zoo. From the world famous Festivals to top-class restaurants and bars, not to mention fabulous shopping, you'll be spoilt for choice. For the business traveller to Edinburgh, we have free wireless broadband in public areas, and photocopy and fax facilities. The Northumberland Hotel also has a free, secure guest car park. For our payments terms & conditions visit our website. We must have an estimated time of arrival. Arrivals outwith 2pm till 10. 30pm will be charged a £10. 00 per hour surcharge
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Would not use again
Not great: 20 mins walk from centre, tiny room, no tie backs to keep curtains open, no lift and got locked in the room as key/lock didn't work properly.
Not that cheap so can't even say you get what you pay for. I won't be going back and won't be recommending.
Basic telly didn't work no lift WiFi didn't work of all the holes we have stayed in this was definitely the worse