- 80 guest reviews
"This is my first time in a sporting lodge inn reception is strange being the entrance for the gym and hotel reception with two desk areas an..."
"Very pleasant surroundings. Staff were very helpful and friendly...."
"Decor much improved from last visit. Room was very pleasant...."
"Room was basic but nice. Bathroom wasn't very clean...."
"Very enjoyable experience, staff are very friendly. Not too much trouble...."
About the hotel
The Sporting Lodge Inns is situated within a short distance of Middlesbrough Town Centre, Stockton on Tees, Redcar, Durham Tees Vally Airport and other surrounding areas. The Sporting Lodge Inns is an ideal base for visiting the surrounding areas as it is within easy access to the A19, A174 and A1. With 140 ensuite bedrooms we have room's to suit all your requirements wether your staying for business or leisure.
Whilst staying with Sporting Lodge Inns guests will benefit from free car parking, free WIFI and Complimentary use of the leisure facilities in the Escapezone Leisure Club. The Escapezone Leisure club offers a gym, 25m pool, sauna, spa and steam room. You will also find The Old Poste House Bar & Restaurant offering excellent food and drinks served in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 31/01/2011 to 29/12/2023 - All guests paying by credit card will incur a £2 admin fee, Payment by debit card will not incur the fee. Breakfast times will be 6.30am - 9.30am Mon to Fri and 7.30am - 10.30am Sat & Sun The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
56% would recommend it to a friend
You pay for what you get!
This is my first time in a sporting lodge inn reception is strange being the entrance for the gym and hotel reception with two desk areas and looks a little bare, looks like it was trying to be something it is not or once was and the theme continued throughout.
Everywhere in the hotel is dated, thick glossed and chipped skirting and door frames, building looks like a old 70s office block, even had old metal window frames in room. Room was basic but clean, bed had terrible mattress, bathroom was too small, but room size was ok, with decent to size, and free no haste wifi in room. The gym was the best hotel gym I've been too (bit like pure gyms but not as good) although equipment aging a little, get the feeling it's a gym first and hotel second. Didn't use pool or sauna. Bar looked great but seating area and restaurant atmospheres are poor. With B&M bargain style fake leather dining chairs which when you sit on means your dining table us nearly under your chin (I'm not small). Meal was very nice I had king prawn starter, and ceased salad for main, which is first time it's never came with chicken probably not my fault for asking, but as I've stayed in hundreds of hotels I didn't think I had too. With a good dinner I thought this would be the case for breakfast but sadly not. Once again back on the sinking seats, limited hot selection with the main items available, and even smaller selection of cold/continental I.e croissant and bread. No fruit, yogurt etc. Hot breakfast was cold, bacon was hard and tough, hash browns burnt and tough, orrange juice was limited and ran out by 8am but the worst has to be the tomato sauce is like vinegar spicy sauce which I would think I would like but it is vile.
Overall my stay was ok for business overnight but hotel is disappointing because it has the possibility to be so much more, it needs a good overhaul and a look at other hotels quality. But for the price I paid it was worth it.
Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough
Very pleasant surroundings.
Staff were very helpful and friendly.