- 16 guest reviews
"There was 14 of us 7 couples from early 50 to 85 in age everyone had excellent time and will certainly come back all staff were so friendly..."
"For the price, the hotel was perfectly adequate for our needs. The room was a decent size, and although the decor is quite dated, the room w..."
"We stayed for one night. The room was basic but reasonably clean, the carpet could have done with a deep cleaning. Our window had condensati..."
"I stayed for 2 nights everything was just perfect, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, as I was alone I never felt uncomfortable and eve..."
"on arrival I was a bit unsure of this hotel as it looks a bit tired from the outside! Check-in was fine with friendly helpful staff and our..."
About the hotel
The Rob Roy is wonderfully situated in idyllic countryside at the gateway to Scotlands first National Park , and provides the ideal base for visiting the Trossachs, the Highlands and Perthshire. Named after the legendary local folk hero, the Rob Roy offers excellent food, friendly staff, and good old fashioned value for money. All of the bedrooms are in a large annex which is approx 50 yards from main hotel, are all en-suite, with colour TV, telephones, and all of the necessary modern facilities.
The hotel is a gentle one mile stroll along the banks of the river Forth to the picturesque village of Aberfoyle, and the splendours of Loch Lomond, Callendar and historic Stirling are all within easy striking distance. For the energetic, the area has a wealth of activities, from water skiing to rock climbing , and Aberfoyle Golf Club ( for which we can offer reduced rates) is situated directly across from the hotel. And for those with any energy left, the Rob Roy hosts a Saturday night Dinner & Dance throughout most of the year!
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Rob Roy Hotel
There was 14 of us 7 couples from early 50 to 85 in age everyone had excellent time and will certainly come back all staff were so friendly especially manageress who managed to get us a table for dinner dance on Saturday night
Rob Roy Hotel
I cannot believe there were no chips available for evening meals!