- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"Helpful staff, pleasant rooms and good quality dining. Most enjoyable break...."
About the hotel
Located on the unspoilt Suffolk coast in the quaint but flourishing town of Aldeburgh with the beach just 20 metres away. Offering free Wifi, ample on-site parking, 2 AA Rosettes for food and just a short drive to Southwold and Felixstow. The hotel value tradition, Wentworth has been owned by the same family for more than 85 years which is why there is a continuous thread linking the past to the future, making sure they are constantly meeting the changing requirements of today’s guests.
In many ways Wentworth is everything a seaside hotel should be – a perfect blend of the traditional and contemporary. Many of the bedrooms have views over the beach and the sea, and all with en suite bathrooms. Seven of the rooms are in Darfield House, an annex building opposite the main hotel. These rooms are particularly spcacious and well appointed. For those guests who find stairs difficult there are five ground floor rooms. The bedrooms are regularly refurbished to a high standard and are bright, cheerful and welcoming. Start your day, as you should while away from home – with a hearty breakfast. Fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cereals, porridge, locally smoked kipper or a ‘full house cooked breakfast’. At lunchtime the terrace bar menu has a wide choice depending on how hungry you are. From a fresh crab sandwich (in season) to traditional cod and chips. In the evening the elegant candle lit restaurant offers a daily changing menu with fresh local produce. There is a smaller dining room which can seat up to 22 persons. This room has French doors opening on to a delightful garden and is ideal for family parties or special occasions. During those times when you are not out and about exploring the countryside and beaches of Suffolk, the two spacious and attractive lounges provide ample room for you to relax in. There are a wealth of comfortable chairs and sofas, sunny spots in the summer, and open fires in the winter. There are two sea facing gardens in which you can sit and enjoy the sun and the seaview. Morning coffee, light lunches and cream teas are served in these gardens. Darfield House, which is opposite the main hotel, also has a delightful courtyard garden. The area has something for everyone: sports and arts; stately homes and castles; country lanes and cottages; heathland and gardens – all bounded by the unspoilt Suffolk coastlines. Aldeburgh lies in an area of outstanding natural beauty. It has a championship golf course, excellent sailing on the River Alde, many country and beach walks and a number of bird reserves close by.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/09/2014 to 31/12/2025 - Pets are allowed at £20 per pet per night. You must contact the property before booking to ensure a pet-friendly room is available. Please note only working dogs are allowed in restaurant The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Very comfortable rooms at the Wentworth
Helpful staff, pleasant rooms and good quality dining.
Most enjoyable break.