- 4 guest reviews
"A lovely hotel and lovely people that run the hotel. The owner even gave us a lift back from a restaurant in town really enjoyed the stay...."
"When we arrived Iain, the owner, greeted us with a sherry and whiskey. We were made to feel very welcome and then told that we had been upgr..."
"Check In: Upon entering the manager (maybe owner?) invited us to sit in the stunningly decorated hallway (in front of a very attractive fire..."
About the hotel
Set in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, just 20 minutes’ drive form Aviemore, this elegant Country House which was once the home of Sir Thomas Lipton and the famous Hartley Jam Family, it offers Luxury accommodation, exquisite Afternoon Cream Teas, Pet Friendly. Free Wifi throughout. .
Each of the eight guestrooms has its own unique style and character befitting the history of the property and most also offer scenic views over the tranquil gardens or stunning Cairngorm Hills. The hotel lounge and drawing room provide the ideal space for guests to sit back, relax and enjoy a famous afternoon cream tea. The hotel has a full licence - offering the opportunity of sampling some of the numerous local malt whiskies, local gins and local beers. Wines and Champagnes also available. The hotel is located close to the A9, the main route between Edinburgh and Inverness and is just 40 minutes from Inverness itself. The popular tourist location of Aviemore is 20 minutes away by car and the traditional Highland town, Grantown-on-Spey is just 3 miles away.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
A lovely hotel and lovely people that run the hotel.
The owner even gave us a lift back from a restaurant in town really enjoyed the stay.
More than I expected!
When we arrived Iain, the owner, greeted us with a sherry and whiskey.
We were made to feel very welcome and then told that we had been upgraded to the superior room. The room was superb with a jacuzzi bath and television over the bath. There were lovely personal touches as well with fresh milk available for tea and coffee in your room. On the second night we dined in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Canapés were served in the front room and then through to the dining room for the rest of the meal. The food was cooked by Elaine (Iain's wife) and was outstanding. The waitress was lovely and attended to our every need. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Even the history of the house was fascinating - previous home of the Lipton Tea family!