- Very Good
- 60 guest reviews
"Hotel was great, beds very big and comfortable. All accessories in room were modern and excellent. I'll be back...."
"The first two days of our stay the breakfast was warm and served on cold plates. We were then informed that because we were bed breakfast an..."
"Our stay was very comfortable and our room pleasantly decorated but rather on the small side since we had a travel cot and baby to accommoda..."
"would certainly come back. It was great...."
"Booked for 3 nights and had a brilliant time! Staff were all very friendly and attentive. Rooms were absolutely spotless, and very bright an..."
About the hotel
Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for couples, families and business guests. Whilst on the resort all guests have complimentary use of the adjoining Spey Valley Leisure Arena.
The Resort offers a variety of dining choices to suit every taste, the Spey Valley Cinema where guests can relax and take in the latest releases including 3D showings, alternatively why not enjoy our unique on-site shopping experience with a selection of luxury brands and gifts in our Spey Valley Shopping complex. The Highlands hotel is the perfect choice whether you are staying for business or pleasure. The hotel is a great base to stay at if you wish to play golf at our Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. The Resort is centrally located close to the railway station and only 35 minutes from Inverness Airport. Please note that some of our spa and fitness facilities are not available at this current time. Please contact the resort directly for more information. There is ample complimentary car parking on site and attentive friendly staff to make your trip a memorable one
Showing Monday 30 November 2015 to Tuesday 1 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire , Fishing , Quad Biking , Horse Riding , Clay Pigeon Shooting , Sailing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 22/08/2008 to 24/08/2018 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel was great, beds very big and comfortable.
All accessories in room were modern and excellent. I'll be back.
Nice Hotel - hopeless bar and catering
The Macdonald Highlands Hotel is a pleasant hotel with good reception staff and comfortable rooms.
The price of £89 B&B was excellent, however the restaurant was a comedy sketch. The food is far too expensive for guests, not on a cheap meal deal and the quality of the food is very very poor. The staff in the restaurant are untrained students and it showed. Unbelievably the food in the Bar was, in some instances, more expensive than the restaurant. For example the identical soup, that in the restaurant was £4.90 was £6.00 in the bar. In addition a Gin & Tonic was £7.20. These prices are a 'rip off' for a hotel of this standard and this location. Finally during a fire alarm, safety procedures were not followed, but as staff said, "Its just the showers, this always happens" and after vacating the building to go to a fire point, were asked to walk back through the hotel with the alarm still ringing, to get to another fire point. Simply put - Don't stay at this hotel.