- 29 guest reviews
"Nice hotel very dated and needing work all round except the gardens were beautiful...."
"I feel in love as soon as I got to the bottom of the lane I will defiantly be booking my wedding here! Can't wait to go back and explore the..."
"Fantastic value for money. Great customer service great facilities great stay...."
"1 for value for money is due to it being Rugby World Cup weekend and the rate was 4 times their usual rate. Feeling a little ripped off!..."
"Having been stuck on m4 for 4hrs we arrived late at the hotel for the world cup rugby match and the owner drove us into town.. quality servi..."
About the hotel
St Mellons Hotel is a beautiful country house hotel set in secluded gardens, midway between Cardiff and Newport. With acres of landscaped grounds, the Hotel has easy access to the city centres as well as the local countryside and adjacent golf course.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Squash Courts
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
St Mellons Hotel
Nice hotel very dated and needing work all round except the gardens were beautiful.
My husband were looking forward to staying in this hotel, great spot to be in and photo's looked great.
Service when we arrived was very welcoming/ Friendly.
As soon as we opened the door to the cottage we were hit with a stagnant smell of Steale smoke.
The toilet didn't flush. (This was seen to very quickly once notified of the problem)
The mattress and pillows didn't have protective covers on them. There were dribble stains on all the pillows when the cases were removed. This leading to requesting extra bedding so we could double cover the pillows and mattress.
The shower leaked to the degree of three bath sheets were needed soak the water on the floor.
The hair dryer is just a waste of time, I'm just glad I have short thin hair, if I had my daughters hair I would of been there all Night drying my hair.
The next morning we requested to move rooms, this was better but not to the standard I would expect for the money we paid.