- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"What a great place. Friendly staff, great food, wonderful service and an amazing room. Almost to good to be true..."
"Stayed during a family reunion. The staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel is steeped in history and is nicely furnished. The bedroom wa..."
"Very welcoming on arrival. Staff very friendly and efficient. The ambiance of the place was comforting, calming, romantic. Ate in the resta..."
"This was my first time there, and it looks a pleasant place from the outside, lots of large well kept gardens. Staff were very friendly and..."
"We have for many years used the Priory Bar and Brasserie but never had a need to stay as we did this weekend. The room was superb and the st..."
About the hotel
The Priory is nestled within the historic town of Caerleon on the River Usk. Founded by Hywel ap Iorwerth, a Welsh prince and dating back to 1180, the Priory started life as a Cistercian Monastery. As Caerleon grew, the monks wanted to move to a quieter place and founded Llantarnam Abbey.
The Priory remained their town house. There is a passage underneath the Priory to the Bull Inn that is rumoured to be the passage the monks used when they met their lovers. The Bull Inn, at that time, used to be the monks’ kitchen. When the monks moved on, the Priory later became a Nunnery, private residence and since 1996, this beautiful building and its secluded grounds have been home to the Priory Hotel and Restaurant. We want your stay with us to be relaxing, enjoyable and focused on fantastic food. The Priory is the perfect setting to unwind, enjoy the best of locally sourced cuisine, and have a truly memorable stay in the historic town of Caerleon.
Showing Thursday 5 May 2016 to Friday 6 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
What a great place.
Friendly staff, great food, wonderful service and an amazing room. Almost to good to be true
2 night stay
Stayed during a family reunion.
The staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel is steeped in history and is nicely furnished. The bedroom was nicely furnished but quite small to the point that the tea and coffee facilities were on a shelf in the wardrobe. Breakfast was good with a flexible choice, dinners were only average. The display of fish and meat looked great but the actual food available was not so flexible. Two of our party on separate days had specials that appeared to have been overly reheated as the outside flesh was tough and crispy.