- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"From the time i step inside the staff were all very helpfull .the rooms i stayed in were very clean and well served both room i stayed in we..."
"Converted priory within lovely grounds and ample car park. Great bar and a la carte restaurant (alternative places around town if too fancy)..."
"We stay at The Priory every summer - wonderful place in a fine location. The Welsh hospitality is second to none! Cymru am Byth!!..."
"Absolutely delightful hotel and friendly staff who went the extra mile to help. We will definitely be back and would recommend the hotel to..."
"What a great place. Friendly staff, great food, wonderful service and an amazing room. Almost to good to be true..."
About the hotel
The Priory is nestled within the historic town of Caerleon on the River Usk. Founded by Hywel ap Iorwerth, a Welsh prince and dating back to 1180, the Priory started life as a Cistercian Monastery. As Caerleon grew, the monks wanted to move to a quieter place and founded Llantarnam Abbey.
The Priory remained their town house. There is a passage underneath the Priory to the Bull Inn that is rumoured to be the passage the monks used when they met their lovers. The Bull Inn, at that time, used to be the monks’ kitchen. When the monks moved on, the Priory later became a Nunnery, private residence and since 1996, this beautiful building and its secluded grounds have been home to the Priory Hotel and Restaurant. We want your stay with us to be relaxing, enjoyable and focused on fantastic food. The Priory is the perfect setting to unwind, enjoy the best of locally sourced cuisine, and have a truly memorable stay in the historic town of Caerleon.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
From the time i step inside the staff were all very helpfull .the rooms i stayed in were very clean and well served both room i stayed in were a little tired .The food was some of the best i have for a long time in a hotel , .
i would thank all the staff front and back of house. Raymond Mcbain
Great building but the room is very old fashioned and just average.
Staff is too busy to take care of us