- 3 guest reviews
"All staff most helpful and obliging particularly after admin probs at both reception and restaurant sorted. Hotel in very old buildings did..."
"It is a lovely place in the countryside. Lovely terrace for tea overlooking a superb garden! Unfortunatelly our bedroom was quite noisy in t..."
About the hotel
Probably built as a Royal Hunting lodge and very much a stately home since the 16th century, Great Fosters is now a prestigious hotel. Set amongst 50 acres of gardens and parkland, the hotel is a Grade One listed building blessed with the grandeur of 16th century England and luxurious modern facilities. Its past is evident in the mullioned windows, tall chimneys, fireplaces and brick finials, while the Saxon moat, crossed by a Japanese bridge, surrounds three sides of the formal garden.
All the suites and bedrooms are individually decorated. The bedrooms in the Main House are adorned with tapestries and antiques, whilst the bedrooms in The Cloisters are more contemporary in style. The Coach House, recently refurbished in 2008, offers luxurious accommodation with the latest plasma screens, i-pod docking stations and fabulous bathrooms.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- Outdoor Pool , Croquet , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- Pets are not allowed
67% would recommend it to a friend
All staff most helpful and obliging particularly after admin probs at both reception and restaurant sorted.
Hotel in very old buildings did not quite marry up with very modern facilities aspired to, installed- electrics in rooms pretty well incomprehensible. Food not really up to the prices charged. But hotel was exactly what we wanted at the time
Wonderfull garden!!!! Rooms are modern and bed linen superb!
It is a lovely place in the countryside.
Lovely terrace for tea overlooking a superb garden. Unfortunatelly our bedroom was quite noisy in the mornings... Otherwise it would have been perfect!