- Very Good
- 101 guest reviews
"We had a lovely, friendly welcome from Eleanor on reception and she informed us we had been given a complimentary upgrade to the Diamond Sui..."
"Had a very nice stay. Unfortunately couldn't try the swimming pool due to age restrictions on children...."
"Excellent value for money, customer service and a fabulous choice of food at the breakfast buffet. Personally we would have liked to use the..."
"Good facilities, gym and pool a good bonus at this price. Breakfast good but the evening bar food a bit disappointing...."
"We stayed one Night, and had a Warm Welcome. The Breakfast was first Class..... even though the Hotel was very Full and the Staff Busy they..."
About the hotel
Situated at the heart of the charming City of Winchester, The Winchester Hotel and Spa features stylish interiors and cool, contemporary design whilst retaining an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the centre of the City and all its historic and cultural attractions - and is five minutes` walk from Winchester Railway Station. All bedrooms are air conditioned with iron, ironing board, safe, flat screen LCD TV and in - room fridge and there is complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the entire hotel.
On site car parking available which is chargeable. The hotel also features a Luxury Spa offering a range of holistic and beauty treatments – including ESPA, CACI and Jessica nails – plus a dedicated Spa lounge and spray tanning studio. This is complemented by the hotel`s Health Club – use of which is included in your stay – which includes a fully equipped Technogym Fitness Suite, small swimming pool with resistance jets, spacious poolside lounging areas, jacuzzi, Swedish sauna and aromatic steam room. PLEASE NOTE THAT ACCESS TO THE HEALTH CLUB & SWIMMING POOL IS RESTRICTED TO THOSE AGED 13 YEARS AND ABOVE. Gershwin's Piano Bar provides a range of light meals, snacks and drinks. This is completed by a beautiful terrace area - screened and heated - featuring a beautiful `outdoor lounge` and also comfortable al fresco dining as an extension of our AA Rosette award winning Hutton`s Brasserie - which serves a seasonally changing menu of classic and modern European dishes.
Showing Wednesday 4 May 2016 to Thursday 5 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 15/07/2015 to 17/12/2017 - For guests on dinner inclusive packages the rate includes £25.00 per person allowance for dinner food in the Restaurant. We do not allow "cash only" reservations for any bedroom bookings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Great welcome & brilliant room but breakfast needs to be more organised
We had a lovely, friendly welcome from Eleanor on reception and she informed us we had been given a complimentary upgrade to the Diamond Suite which was great.
Eleanor was very knowledgeable and helpful when we asked about going into Winchester. Our room (suite) was brilliant, comfortable, clean and nicely laid out with nice extras such as water in the fridge and a coffee machine. We ate out at a nearby restaurant that evening but looked forward to our breakfast the following morning. Sadly the organisation for the replenishment of the hot buffet food wasn't good at all. My husband had to ask for eggs,bread,butter & beans...all of which had run out. No one seemed to be proactive waiting for the items to totally run out before refilling. We had to remind the waitress about our tea too but she did apologise. Maybe they were just having an "off" day. The quality of the food was good though and there was plenty of choice. Despite this hiccup at breakfast, I would still return as everything else (incl the leisure facilities ) was good and we liked the proximity to Winchester which was within a 10 minute walk. Next time I will try out one or two of the beauty treatments which seemed very reasonably priced. Please note we did feed the above back to the hotel & when we departed we let Eleanor know we had mentioned her great service on the feedback form.
Very nice hotel
Had a very nice stay.
Unfortunately couldn't try the swimming pool due to age restrictions on children.