- Very Good
- 83 guest reviews
"Clean rooms, pool and friedly staff 👍..."
"Allocated room 234................2 different lifts and a maze of corridors to get there. This room was the furthest away from reception and..."
"We had a lovely, friendly welcome from Eleanor on reception and she informed us we had been given a complimentary upgrade to the Diamond Sui..."
"Had a very nice stay. Unfortunately couldn't try the swimming pool due to age restrictions on children...."
"Excellent value for money, customer service and a fabulous choice of food at the breakfast buffet. Personally we would have liked to use the..."
About the hotel
Situated at the heart of the charming City of Winchester, The Winchester Hotel and Spa features stylish interiors and cool, contemporary design whilst retaining an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality. The hotel is located within an easy walking distance of the centre of the City and all its historic and cultural attractions - and is five minutes` walk from Winchester Railway Station. Southampton Airport is only 12 miles away.
This is complemented by the hotel`s Health Club – use of which is included in your stay – which includes a fully equipped Technogym Fitness Suite, small swimming pool with resistance jets, spacious poolside lounging areas, jacuzzi, Swedish sauna and aromatic steam room. Please note that access to the health club & swimming pool is restricted to those aged 13 years and above. Chargeable parking is available.
All bedrooms are air conditioned with iron, ironing board, safe, flat screen LCD TV and in - room fridge and there is complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the entire hotel. On site car parking available which is chargeable. The hotel also features a Luxury Spa offering a range of holistic and beauty treatments – including ESPA, CACI, and Jessica nails – plus a dedicated Spa lounge.
Gershwin's Piano Bar provides a range of light meals, snacks, and drinks. This is completed by a beautiful terrace area - screened and heated - featuring a beautiful `outdoor lounge` and also comfortable al fresco dining as an extension of our award winning Hutton`s Brasserie - which serves a seasonally changing menu of classic and modern European dishes. Royal Armouries - Fort Nelson, Winchester Military Museums and Winchester Science Centre & Planetarium are some of the attractions nearby.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 15/07/2015 to 17/12/2017 - For guests on dinner inclusive packages the rate includes £25.00 per person allowance for dinner food in the Restaurant. We do not allow "cash only" reservations for any bedroom bookings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Clean rooms, pool and friedly staff 👍
Thank you for your SUPER review of The Winchester Hotel and Spa.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back again when you are next in the Winchester area.
Paul Eaves General Manager
A long way to go!
Allocated room 234................2 different lifts and a maze of corridors to get there.
This room was the furthest away from reception and a long way for people in their 70's to travel with luggage. Very quiet room though. No other comments other than the bathroom was looking distinctly "tired" and could do with upgrading.
Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to learn that you were allocated a bedroom further away from hotel reception than you would have ideally have liked. I am confident that if this had been brought to our attention during your stay we could have addressed it for you then. Equally despite this I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again - and should this be the case please do highlight this as a request on your booking which can then be reflected in your allocation of room. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in the Winchester area.