- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"Depends on what you are looking for, this hotel is pretty much what you would expect for the money based on the location. The décor feels da..."
"On arrival our booking could not be found, after a while it was sorted and we got a free upgrade to a luxury room. Very good nights sleep al..."
"Good value for money accomodation. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was very good...."
"room was lovely. the pictures on the internet didn't do it justice. We stayed in room 4 and it was bright and airy. Free wifi and breakfast..."
"Guy in charge is great and an old school feel about it all. Perfect...."
About the hotel
Popular with pilots and cabin crew from local Southend Airport also with artists from the Cliffs Pavilion & Palace Theatre, and ideally situated adjacent to Southend seafront & the Town centre, the reasonably priced Ilfracombe House Hotel is a luxuriously appointed fully-licensed 20-Bedroom AA 4-Star executive Guest House with its own PRIVATE CAR PARK. All rooms are En-suite, with a selected package of SKY/TV channels, DVD Players, Free Wireless Broadband, Mini Fridge, Desk Fan, Iron & Board, Tea & Coffee, & Hairdryer in every room. Self-Catering Apartments available for short and long term accommodation for business or holiday.
All with 2 double bedrooms, fully furnished kitchen, bathroom and living rooms. The new Southend University, Victoria Avenue Customs HQ's, Southend Pier, Westcliff Casino and Southend High Street shops are all also within easy walking distance from the hotel. Southend Airport is about 8-10 minutes drive from the hotel. Guests can relax in the spacious and comfortable Chesterfield-style fireside lounge, study and luxury bar areas which are delicately lit throughout with crystal chandelier lighting. All-day Hot-&-Cold Bar Food and Full Dinner Menu available from 6-9. 00pm. All major cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex & Diners. Prices are per night per room and include full english breakfast served till 11. 00am. Adventure Island wristbands now available at less than half price directly from our reception.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Airport Shuttle, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 22:00
- Up to 10 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Everything you need but dated
Depends on what you are looking for, this hotel is pretty much what you would expect for the money based on the location.
The décor feels dated (especially the bathroom) but the room still comes with everything you need plus more. It would take a lot of money to modernise this place but it probably wouldn't generate much more money from doing so.
On arrival our booking could not be found, after a while it was sorted and we got a free upgrade to a luxury room.
Very good nights sleep although one pillow was too hard and the other too soft.Breakfast was hot and tasty with a good selection to suit everyone.Nothing was to much trouble.<