- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"OK for the money...."
"We enjoyed staying at Missenden Abbey. It was worthwhile paying a little more for a larger room in the main house. The grounds are lovely an..."
"I like this place and good walk into the village with good Thai, Indian and pubs, better food there than at hotel. Breakfast ok, needs more..."
"Better room with space around the bed, after explaining to Manager that original room was too cramped...."
"The room we stayed in was quite cramped, with the bed pushed up against a wall, so one of us had to climb across the bed to actually get int..."
About the hotel
From the moment you walk through the doors you will be won over by the Abbey's beauty, history and tranquility. This unique 12th Century Abbey is surrounded by 10 acres of Chiltern countryside, located in the picturesque village of Great Missenden, the former home of acclaimed children's writer Roald Dahl. The village benefits from a direct train link to London Marylebone within walking distance of the Abbey and also has exceptional motorway links to the M40, M4, and M25 with free parking spaces.
Missenden Abbey offers wireless broadband as a free service to our guests.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- Pitch n' Putt , Croquet
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
OK for the money.
Tired room but nice location
The room was like a rather tired student halls of residence.
Small double bed pushed up against the wall so only one side to get in. Tired furniture and decor which was not good for the money paid at £65 midweek. Rooms are in a 1980s block around a large pond which is quite nice. The grounds around the old Abbey are very nice. Bar terrace would be nice in the summer. Didn't eat there so can't comment on the restaurant.