- 63 guest reviews
"We could hear next doors television even although it wasn't up particularly loud...."
"This hotel was very good all stall couldn't do enough for you any niggles were dealt with very quickly. Very close to all amenities .shops r..."
"No complaints, we've stayed over here a few times and have always enjoyed it. Friendly helpful staff and good food and drink prices...."
"My stay at your hotel was excellent the staff were very helpful and I needed directions around the town they gave me a map print out , room..."
"We last stayed here several years ago and were disappointed but, having read that the rooms have been refurbished, decided to try it again...."
About the hotel
The Golden Acorn Hotel- a JD Wetherspoon Hotel is conveniently located in the town centre. We have 26 bedrooms all of which are available as either King Size Doubles or Twins all with comfortable sealy beds. All of our rooms are ensuite and include tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary water, a hair dryer and Flat Screen TV.
There are also several attractions nearby including Falkland Palace, Loch Leven, Vane Farm (RSPB Reserve) and The Fife Coastal Path. Golfers delight in the array of courses available lots of championship grade golf courses, including St Andrews which is a 30 minute drive away.
The Fife region has much to welcome visitors. For non-golfers, the beautiful scenery of the Fife area is one of its main attractions, as are some of Scotland's best-kept beaches, the delightful East Neuk fishing villages and the historic Falkland Palace, former residence of Mary, Queen of Scots, is just a 10 minute drive away. Walkers & Wildlife lovers can explore the surrounding countryside & walk the Fife Coastal Path. Great walks can also be found on the nearby Lomond Hills & at Loch Leven.
Breakfast is served from 7am daily until noon and our full food menu is served until 11pm 7 days a week. Free WI-FI available throughout the hotel. We have a car park in front of the hotel approx. 20 spaces.
Glenrothes bus station is a one-minute walk from the hotel. Thornton and Markinch railway stations are both a five-minute taxi ride.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Interconnecting rooms available , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Golden Acorn Hotel- a JD Wetherspoon Hotel
We could hear next doors television even although it wasn't up particularly loud.
This hotel was very good all stall couldn't do enough for you any niggles were dealt with very quickly.
Very close to all amenities .shops restaurants etc. Hotel very relaxing atmosphere. As a first visitor to a weatherspoons astablishment , I was a little apprehensive but was very pleased to find acomadation
First class. Would certainly visit again.