About the hotel
Hôtel : La Berteliere is set in a rustic building with blue shutters, set in floral gardens and located in the village of Saint Martin de Vivier, four kilometers from the museums and sights of Rouen. The 44 guestrooms have contemporary décor in warm orange and yellow colors with dark wood furnishings; all include balconies, minibars, complimentary newspapers and toiletries, coffee and tea making facilities, climate control, Internet connections and cable television. Some balconies provide park views.
Restaurants : In the hotel's main restaurant, L'Auberge, guests can enjoy fine French cuisine in an elegant setting where an open fire in an exposed chimney provides the room's centerpiece. The restaurant has views over the garden and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; meals are served on the terrace, weather permitting. Le Jardin d'Hiver restaurant has a small flowered terrace where guests can enjoy a range of regional dishes created with fresh local ingredients. In the piano bar, Le Cyrano, alcoholic and non alcoholic cocktails are served in a smart room, decorated in rustic style with an open fire. Guests can also browse the hotel's own permanent art exhibitions and enjoy musical evenings and weekend visits to the countryside organized by the concierge. Guests arriving by car benefit from the use of a locked private car park and can plan drives in the country using the hotel's high-speed Internet connections.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Qualys Hotel**** La Berteliere in Rouen is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 0.60(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
0% would recommend it to a friend
Good location for overnight stop, but … oh dear - how to dissuade guests from returning
On arrival at La Berteliere we thought we had found an ideal overnight stop for travelling south from Calais to SW France – the location just 2 minutes from the A28 as it enters the northern outskirts of Rouen is ideal, and the hotel itself, with ample parking, is set in pleasant gardens.
The rooms are comfortable with tea / coffee makers, TV and even an iPod dock. Dinner was OK – the cheapest evening menu (€29) was rather uninspiring with ingredients that were not the freshest, and service was rather slow and one waiter in particular seemed to wish he were somewhere – or anywhere - else. Breakfast is “served” as a buffet, with a fair choice of items, but we had a reservation elsewhere for lunch so contented ourselves with a roll & coffee. So far so good … but we departed with a sense of having been taken for a ride when presented with the bill, which for 1 night B&B with the cheapest menu & cheap bottle of wine came to almost €240 – we were asked whether we would like a plate of cheese before the dessert course, for one plate with 3 small pieces of cheese we were charged €11, and the simple breakfast for two was billed at €38 – extraordinarily poor value.