- Very Good
- 85 guest reviews
"Front end staff in particular Auriele was very pleasant and helpful. Some breakfast staff in the morning seemed to be too stressed out even..."
"Castle room was interesting, food was good, grounds were lovely. Best of all the staff were first rate and extremely helpful..."
"Good for price but bedding smelt strongly of bleach..."
"Wow !! What a setting. Check in quick and efficient. Then to my delight we were given Victoria Room. Giant four poster. Breakfast was gorgeo..."
"After problems with room lock quickly upgraded to another room. Very warm despite being in a stone castle. Staff very friendly and helpful...."
About the hotel
Offering 12th Century character and 21st Century convenience in Darlington, BEST WESTERN Walworth Castle Hotel is set in 18 acres of lawns and woodlands. . .
just three miles from the A1(M). This really is the ideal venue to get away and relax. Whether you are on the lookout for luxury or simply seeking style! Local attractions are easy to get to including the market town of Darlington, Richmond or Barnard Castle. Other attractions include High Force Waterfall, 1/2 hour drive to the coast or to the North Yorkshire Moors. With a unique blend of flavors and features, we have an award winning restaurant that complements the tastefully designed bedrooms - including a feature four poster suite! Our secluded, grand property is extremely popular for wedding receptions, and we can make your special day more memorable by the minute with exceptional service from the moment you arrive And of course, the pictures will be perfect!
Showing Saturday 28 March 2015 to Sunday 29 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for BEST WESTERN Walworth Castle Hotel in Darlington are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
excellent stay and experience at Walworth Castle
Front end staff in particular Auriele was very pleasant and helpful.
Some breakfast staff in the morning seemed to be too stressed out even though they're were only around 6 tables to be served. Apart from that However all in all a great experience at the castle. Rooms were the cleanest you would ever find. Surprised that it is actually rated as 3 star. The other surprise inclusion was the Birds of Prey park in the rear of the castle which was newly opened. Nice cosy fireplace in the lounge area. And when the sun comes out there's chance for some amazing photos. Definitely will recommend to family and friends
Great breakfast, excellent staff
Castle room was interesting, food was good, grounds were lovely.
Best of all the staff were first rate and extremely helpful