- 23 guest reviews
"The Great Danes is just outside Maidstone on the Folkestone side so very convenient if you are coming or going to the Tunnel or Dover. It is..."
"We've stayed at the Mercure a few times and it's always a great experience. The staff go out of their way to do what they can for you. Very..."
"Good power shower. Soft pillows. Breakfast was decent. Fish and chips from the restaurant is good. Always ask for extra tartar sauce !..."
"all was very nice but a cold room with broken radiator. staff provided a room heater quickly so problem solved. all very pleasant facilities..."
"Room clean and modern. Problems dealt with quickly. Large car park and grounds. Spa good but used by workmen staying in hotel so busy at pea..."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of Kent, close to Maidstone at Junction 8 of the M20, the Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel is built around a Georgian country house surrounded by 26 acres adjacent to Leeds Castle. Whether on business or pleasure there is something for everyone, with extensive leisure, conference, meeting and event facilities with one of the largest event rooms in Kent. To make your journey easy there are excellent links with Europe via Eurostar.
Ebbsfleet and Ashford International stations are within 30 minutes with the port of Dover being less than 40 minutes away.
Showing Tuesday 1 September 2015 to Wednesday 2 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Croquet, Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Convenient stopover in a quiet location
The Great Danes is just outside Maidstone on the Folkestone side so very convenient if you are coming or going to the Tunnel or Dover.
It is set in parkland with pleasant views from the rooms at the back. However, though recently refurbished they are small and the corridor to them is on the long side. The buffet breakfast was replenished regularly so the hot items were actually hot. Staff were all very pleasant and welcoming.
Staff were quite helpful and polite, however felt sorry for them having to apologies for the room.
When we arrived we unpacked straight away and then noticed the room smelt musty and damp. The extractor fan in the bathroom wasn't working, so all the steam and condensation was eventually making its way into the rest of the room and onto the bed linen. We did complain and asked if someone could fix the fan, but over a three day stay that didn't happen. They did offer to change room, but we had already unpacked.
We had some valuables we wanted to lock away but the safe didn't work and the front was all smashed in.
Each room should have an ironing board and iron, ours didn't, but reception did organise someone to bring one up. The phone to reception didn't work. Food was poor and very over-priced. Breakfast however was marvellous!