- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Took by husband to this hotel as a surprise for his birthday, we had the superior mews room and it was lovely, everything you could need is..."
"Always wanted to spend a night in a castle, found out when arrived was upgraded to kings room, what an amazing experience. The room was unbe..."
"Room was lovely. A little disappointed when we had a drink in the lounge and after ordering a large wine, we received a small glass, but did..."
"had a very nice stay at Lumley, staff excellent, room was nice and furnished. well lovely nights sleep in the cosy bed...."
"Love the feel to the castle, loved it so much that we booked our wedding whilst we were there. You must like the finer things in life to sta..."
About the hotel
Situated in its own grounds, close to junction 63 on the A1M, overlooking Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground and the river Wear. Lumley Castle dates back over 600 years to the 13th Century. A magnificent monument to a bygone age, now converted into a unique 4 star Hotel.
Lumley Castle Hotel’s 73 luxurious en-suite bedrooms are all individually designed and situated within the Castle and its adjoining Courtyard and Courtyard Mews. The Black Knight restaurant is set deep within the Castle and enjoys an excellent reputation locally and the Library bar is atmospheric and comfortable. Whilst a favourite for leisure guests, the Hotels quiet yet accessible location close to Durham (7 miles) Newcastle-upon-Tyne (11 miles) and Sunderland (12 miles) together with free WiFi, free parking and a range of meeting and event rooms make this a sensible overnight choice for both the business and leisure Guest.
Showing Monday 31 August 2015 to Tuesday 1 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Fantastic place to stay
Took by husband to this hotel as a surprise for his birthday, we had the superior mews room and it was lovely, everything you could need is in the room from a hair dryer to an iron.
Very comfortable, great shower and can also make tea & coffee. We also used the Black Knight restaurant for 2 nights, food was excellent and good value, drinks are a little pricey though. Lounge bar was a bit quiet for our liking but was still lovely, the fire alarm did go off twice one night but even so had a great stay and would definitely go back. Could have done with a livelier bar as the lounge bar is a little quiet for my liking.
Experience of a lifetime
Always wanted to spend a night in a castle, found out when arrived was upgraded to kings room, what an amazing experience.
The room was unbelievable and I would defitenely stay there again