- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"Courtyard Room had a lot of charming character but bathroom fan was so noisy it woke me up at night..."
"Accommodation was adequate but basic. Would probably be better if you were stopping for pleasure and had time to look around castle, neighbo..."
"I chose this hotel as I was there for a birthday party. According to the hotel website there were no rooms available in my price range, but..."
"I was well treated from the minute I arrived and the hotel for a change was one that exceeded my expectations. The staff in reception and in..."
"The room was wonderful, the staff was perfect, and the castle was fantastic! Just an overall perfect experience...."
About the hotel
Situated in its own grounds, close to junction 63 on the A1M, overlooking Emirates Durham International Cricket Ground and the river Wear. Lumley Castle dates back over 600 years to the 13th Century. A magnificent monument to a bygone age, now converted into a unique 4 star Hotel.
Lumley Castle Hotel’s 73 luxurious en-suite bedrooms are all individually designed and situated within the Castle and its adjoining Courtyard and Courtyard Mews. The Black Knight restaurant is set deep within the Castle and enjoys an excellent reputation locally and the Library bar is atmospheric and comfortable. Whilst a favourite for leisure guests, the Hotels quiet yet accessible location close to Durham (7 miles) Newcastle-upon-Tyne (11 miles) and Sunderland (12 miles) together with free WiFi, free parking and a range of meeting and event rooms make this a sensible overnight choice for both the business and leisure Guest.
Showing Sunday 26 April 2015 to Monday 27 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/09/2008 to 31/10/2014 - Please note: WiFi is currently being upgraded at the hotel. The LateRooms.com rates for Lumley Castle Hotel in County Durham are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Courtyard Room had a lot of charming character but bathroom fan was so noisy it woke me up at night
Accommodation was adequate but basic.
Would probably be better if you were stopping for pleasure and had time to look around castle, neighbouring golf course etc