- Very Good
- 72 guest reviews
"This was initially booked to attend business in the area but we tacked another night on to make a weekend of it and visit Winchester. The ho..."
"Staff were friendly and polite. The food was excellent. The room was a bit tired amd could do with a freshen up. We arrived on a cold day an..."
"we stayed at the potters heron as it was close to my daughter who lives in chandlers ford and found it a very convenient and inexpensive pla..."
"excellent service throughout and the meals were fantastic - will return here again and again..."
"Nice hotel, nice food but the bathroom was dated...."
About the hotel
The Potters Heron occupies a quiet and tree filled spot that still manages to be just a few minutes from major road links. Situated in the heart of Hampshire, this charming hotel and bar-restaurant is instantly recognised by it's majestic thatched roof. The hotel offers stylish bedrooms and the bar-restaurant the best in local food, beers and wines.
There are 53 bedrooms, most with a balcony or terrace. The rooms are spacious and comfortably furnished in contemporary style. The bar-restaurant is open to both hotel guests and non residents. In the summer there is a wide terrace area in front of the hotel and in winter a roaring log burner inside. The bar-restaurant is open from 9am and food is available all day from breakfast and morning coffee to lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks in the evening. There are daily specials and we offer a great roast lunch and delicious puddings from 12 noon on Sundays. The Potters Heron enjoys an excellent location close to the M3 and channel ports of Portsmouth and Southampton. It is just a 10-minute drive from the centre of Eastleigh and equidistant between Romsey, Winchester and Southampton. There's much to do in the local area from forest walks and fishing nearby to exploring or shopping in Southampton or Portsmouth. The Potters Heron is well placed to visit Winchester with it's beautiful cathedral and boutique shops, charming Romsey and any number of New forest and Itchen valley river walks. The beautiful gardens of Exbury, Montisfort and Romsey are less than 20 minutes' drive away.
Showing Sunday 14 February 2016 to Monday 15 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Great Hotel for business or pleasure
This was initially booked to attend business in the area but we tacked another night on to make a weekend of it and visit Winchester.
The hotel is doing all the right things even down to the basics. Good quality linens, service, and food. The customer service was attentive but also not intrusive. We had dinner on the night of our arrival and it was excellent. This is definitely a hotel we will be returning to.
Worth a Visit
Staff were friendly and polite.
The food was excellent. The room was a bit tired amd could do with a freshen up. We arrived on a cold day and the heating was not already turned on.