- Very Good
- 54 guest reviews
"Although the hotel is set in pleasant rural surroundings, local walking is not encouraged. Entry to the golf course even after all play is f..."
"This was an excellent simple value for money hotel. If it had air conditioning it would be even better as it was very warm and humid...."
"No lift to first floor bedrooms, we had a Baby in a pram, so had to carry this up and down the stair..."
"I found the room to be very well set out, comfortable and clean. The staff at the main reception are very well trained and very polite. The..."
"The receptionist who greeted me on arrival I would give 10/10. She had clearly read my booking requests and ensured my room was available on..."
About the hotel
The Essex Golf and Country Club Hotel is set on the outskirts of Colchester. Its location is ideal, being just a 30 minute drive from Stansted Airport and just a 10 minute drive from local links to London. The Hotel boasts 42 spacious En Suite bedrooms, comprising of Twins, Doubles and Suites.
Many of these rooms offer magnificent views over the Championship golf course. All rooms offer flat screen Television with all Freeview channels, Tea & Coffee making facilities, Hairdryer and complimentary toiletries. A wake up service is also available on request. Wireless Internet Hotspot is available free of charge. To request interconnecting rooms, or additional Cots or Zed Beds for children please contact Laterooms to arrange. All residents receive complimentary use of the Swimming Pool, Sauna, Steamroom, Jacuzzi and Gymnasium. Reduced rates are also offered for Tennis court hire and Golf. Additional facilities include our 9 tennis courts, a 9-hole golf course and a 12 bay, floodlit driving range. Guests may also wish to visit the on site Beauty Salon ‘Aura’ or the Hairdressers ‘Fringe Benefits’. Important Information for Late arrivals: Guests arriving after our Reception closes should report directly to the Hotel Lobby where a phone is located for them to call our Night Porter. Our Night Porter will then assist with their check in.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Comfortable stay with nowhere to walk
Although the hotel is set in pleasant rural surroundings, local walking is not encouraged.
Entry to the golf course even after all play is finished was not permitted and walking along the estate roads required the wearing of a high-viz jacket. Check-out was very slow as receptionist had to cope with both hotel check-out and sports shop sales.
Value for money
This was an excellent simple value for money hotel.
If it had air conditioning it would be even better as it was very warm and humid.