- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel, Great location for shopping and having a look around Carlisle. The Jacuzzi and Pool were spotless and plenty of towels, Lots t..."
"The Crown and Mitre is a beautiful hotel which was clearly once rather grand. It is now rather tired looking but the service provided was ex..."
"Just expected more of a stylish modern room for the money I paid, the swimming area was amazing and faultless, customer service again was gr..."
"Staff were very friendly and helpful..."
"This hotel has bags of character, with some lovely architectural features. The pool isn't big, but its lovely character makes up for the sma..."
About the hotel
The Crown and Mitre Hotel, Carlisle offers the perfect mix of Edwardian grandeur, beautiful original features including a real log fire and elegant sweeping stair case plus all the modern comforts of home to create a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Ideally situated for both business and pleasure, with a thriving shopping center, varied night life and popular historical attractions including Hadrian’s wall, Carlisle Castle and Cathedral and the delights of the Lake District are just a stone’s throw from the hotel. At the end of the day, whether you've been hard at work or busy sight-seeing, why not enjoy a relaxing drink in our Tavern Bar or book a table in the Peace and Plenty Restaurant where we offer a tempting, mouth watering menu of both English and Continental cuisine, We also have a room service menu offering light snacks and hearty main meals.
sandwiches available 24 hours a day. Our other facilities include our recently refurbished swimming pool and Jacuzzi and an onsite secure car park to the rear of the hotel, both of which are free to use for all guests of the hotel.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Indoor Pool , Jacuzzi , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent value for money
Lovely hotel, Great location for shopping and having a look around Carlisle.
The Jacuzzi and Pool were spotless and plenty of towels, Lots to choose from from both bar and restaurant menus. Breakfast was a bit expensive at £8.95 each only because i dont eat a lot, but there was lots of choices so if you are a big eater, you can fill your boots .
Staff very accommodating, and friendly..