- Very Good
- 42 guest reviews
"Room at front of hotel, good view, however window is only single glazed and room overlooks car park and you can hear all the noise from cars..."
"Great stay at the angel, lovely quiet rooms and a trendy quirky restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I'd booked at the la..."
"We were in the area for a funeral so our stay was not in the best of circumstances. However, we found the accommodation at The Angel faultle..."
"We were a group of six. Generally, the stay was very enjoyable. However, on the day we left the service in the breakfast room was patchy at..."
"Lovely. We would and will return. Great new bar in basement. Great view. Nice staff too...."
About the hotel
Winners of the 'best large hotel throughout the East of England Award 2009'. The Angel dates back to 12th Century and is a traditional coaching Inn. It stands on one of the prettiest Georgian squares in the country opposite the award winning Abbey Gardens.
The hotel is within easy reach of Long Melford and Lavenham, popular with antique hunters, Newmarket, Cambridge and the Suffolk Coast. In the lounge, choose from Italian cappuccinos or fine English teas. With its log fire, it is a popular meeting place for local people. The refurbished Angel Eaterie, with its stunning artwork and stylish design, is open from 12:00 until 21:30. The hotel has been visited by kings, queens, actors and writers. One such guest was Charles Dickens, who mentioned the Angel Hotel in The Pickwick Papers Breakfast can be added to any reservation at the booking stage, £7. 00 per person for continental or £11. 00 per person for full English.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Angel Hotel in BURY ST EDMUNDS are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Easter stay in Bury
Room at front of hotel, good view, however window is only single glazed and room overlooks car park and you can hear all the noise from cars below early in the morning.
Room good size, clean and bed very comfortable. The bathroom was a disappointment, darkly lit with an old fashion bath and shower, could do with an update taking into account cost of the room. Excellent breakfast and customer service is good. Have stayed here before at the back of hotel and would ask for one of these rooms if staying again.
Great stay at the angel, lovely quiet rooms and a trendy quirky restaurant.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I'd booked at the last minute and was so glad I chose this hotel !