- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"Superb hotel faultless service and facilities. Individual and quality at every turn. Food top notch. In a great location in the town centre..."
"Stayed for a weekend in March. Fantastic customer service and amazing room. Will definitely look to return...."
"Perfect way to celebrate our anniversary - thank you to everyone at The Angel for making our stay so special. Great food, very stylish hotel..."
"This hotel made the perfect get away from a very busy week. Breakfast being brought to the room free of charge if you weren't able to get do..."
About the hotel
Winners of the 'best large hotel throughout the East of England Award 2009'. The Angel dates back to 12th Century and is a traditional coaching Inn. It stands on one of the prettiest Georgian squares in the country opposite the award winning Abbey Gardens.
The hotel is within easy reach of Long Melford and Lavenham, popular with antique hunters, Newmarket, Cambridge and the Suffolk Coast. In the lounge, choose from Italian cappuccinos or fine English teas. With its log fire, it is a popular meeting place for local people. The refurbished Angel Eaterie, with its stunning artwork and stylish design, is open from 12:00 until 21:30. The hotel has been visited by kings, queens, actors and writers. One such guest was Charles Dickens, who mentioned the Angel Hotel in The Pickwick Papers
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Superb hotel faultless service and facilities.
Individual and quality at every turn. Food top notch. In a great location in the town centre but with a small car park and large public car park opposite. Deal was not so cheap after reviewing tariff and included no food which was - as expected in a hotel of this standard expensive - but for a special occasion this is a great place for a memorable break.
The Angel Hotel