- Very Good
- 8 guest reviews
"On arrival we were offered a glass of wine and were upgraded to a suite! The staff were very welcoming and extremely nice during our stay. T..."
"We had a lovely weekend at Holdsworth House. The main rooms in the house have great atmosphere, the staff were helpful and friendly and the..."
"The receptionist was friendly and the complimentary drink on arrival was a pleasant surprise. We booked a superior double room which is a s..."
"A lovely and welcoming hotel...."
"It is a building full of character and history, set in very pretty gardens. The staff were all charming and went out of their way to help. T..."
About the hotel
Holdsworth House Hotel is a beautiful Jacobean manor surrounded by secluded mature gardens in the heart of West Yorkshire. The hotel feels a world away from the bustle of every day life, yet is ideally situated only 2 miles north of Halifax, within easy reach of Leeds, Manchester and Bradford just 15 minutes from the M62. The hotel, which was built in 1633 retains all its period features.
Standing in a typical West Yorkshire landscape of moors and mills, the hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens and hidden terraces making the hotel a perfect place to escape from the pressures of modern life or wind down after a busy day. All 38 of Holdsworth's rooms have been equipped with every up to date amenity for comfort and convenience, they are furnished to a high standard with a character and charm of their own. Rooms with four-poster or half tester beds, and 4 split-level suites are available with a sitting room and bathroom on the ground floor and a pretty galleried bedroom above. Holdsworth House enjoys an enviable reputation for its beautiful panelled restaurant overlooking the gardens, serving outstanding AA Rosette recommended food in a modern English style. The hotel is the ideal base from which to explore the Pennines and the Dales, with Bronte country on the doorstep. A wealth of shops, restaurants and night life can be found in Halifax which plays host to the Eureka children's museum and the Piece Hall, one of Europe's most outstanding 18th Century buildings.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
On arrival we were offered a glass of wine and were upgraded to a suite.
The staff were very welcoming and extremely nice during our stay. The room was superb. Dinner and breakfast left nothing to be desired.
Enjoyable stay but hotel mainly caters for weddings
We had a lovely weekend at Holdsworth House.
The main rooms in the house have great atmosphere, the staff were helpful and friendly and the quality of the food was excellent. The only downside was after having an early drink in the bar we found ourselves behind a locked door and unable to get back to our room. This was intended to prevent a large wedding party spilling over into the dining area but we were not impressed at being expected to walk around the outside of the building in sub-zero temperatures!