- 86 guest reviews
"This hotel is central and very close to the station. Breakfast is generous...."
"The hotel was as expected and our room had an excellent view across the bay, which was a bonus. Clean and friendly, making for a stress free..."
"This is my 2nd weekend stayed here. very good buffet breakfast in morning. excellent...."
"Only slight downside was the size of the room. However everything else more than made up for this. Staff very friendly and welcoming. My thi..."
"Really friendly & helpful staff. Leave plenty of time for check out as they cater for bus parties who all want to use the lift at the same t..."
About the hotel
The Royal Hotel stands in the center of town close to the harbour and ferry terminal. It's central position makes it ideal for visiting the West Coast of Scotland as well as the Islands of Mull and Iona. Built in 1895 the 3 Star AA awarded hotel offers traditional Scottish hospitality within quality modern surroundings.
A small car park is located to the rear of the hotel and has limited non guaranteed space. Public parking both chargeable & free available nearby. Our lounge and ceilidh bar have been refurbished to a high standard and we also now have FREE Wifi access in all public areas. All 91 comfortable bedrooms have private bathroom and all have colour television, direct dial telephone, hospitality tray, hairdryers and central heating. Our Restaurant offers a fine selection of fresh Scottish produce complimented by an interesting range of wines. Situated on the first floor the Restaurant overlooks the Town Square. Bar meals now available 12. 00pm until 8. 00pm. Relax over a pre dinner drink, coffee or sample a wee dram from our fine selection of Scottish Malt Whiskeys. Evening entertainment is a regular feature including the famous Scottish Show with "Torquil the Piper"
Showing Sunday 5 July 2015 to Monday 6 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 11/05/2014 to 12/05/2014 - The property will be going through renovation works on the 4th & 5th floor between 11th May & 12th June 2014. During this period guests may experience some noise & light disturbances. The LateRooms.com rates for Royal Hotel in Oban are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
This hotel is central and very close to the station.
Breakfast is generous.
The hotel was as expected and our room had an excellent view across the bay, which was a bonus.
Clean and friendly, making for a stress free stay.