- 48 guest reviews
"I stayed one night in Royal hotel at Oban. I bought it quite cheap, hence didn't expect much. I was quite pleased it turned out better than..."
"Every thing was first class, except breakfast, which was adequate...."
"Recently stayed at the Royal Hotel for 3 nights. We arrived at the hotel and managed to get a parking space in the small car park at the rea..."
"Hotel is located in a very good location. It was a very relaxing stay...."
About the hotel
The Royal Hotel stands in the center of town close to the harbour and ferry terminal. It's central position makes it ideal for visiting the West Coast of Scotland as well as the Islands of Mull and Iona. Built in 1895 the 3 Star AA awarded hotel offers traditional Scottish hospitality within quality modern surroundings.
A small car park is located to the rear of the hotel and has limited non guaranteed space. Public parking both chargeable & free available nearby. Our lounge and ceilidh bar have been refurbished to a high standard and we also now have FREE Wifi access in all public areas. All 91 comfortable bedrooms have private bathroom and all have colour television, direct dial telephone, hospitality tray, hairdryers and central heating. Our Restaurant offers a fine selection of fresh Scottish produce complimented by an interesting range of wines. Situated on the first floor the Restaurant overlooks the Town Square. Bar meals now available 12. 00pm until 8. 00pm. Relax over a pre dinner drink, coffee or sample a wee dram from our fine selection of Scottish Malt Whiskeys. Evening entertainment is a regular feature including the famous Scottish Show with "Torquil the Piper"
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 08/09/2015 to 31/12/2025 - Please note: When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
I stayed one night in Royal hotel at Oban.
I bought it quite cheap, hence didn't expect much. I was quite pleased it turned out better than I had expected. I had a small single room, but it was clean. More important, the food was really good. Breakfast was excellent, far better than a normal B&B. It deserves at least 3 star rating.
Great short stay
Every thing was first class, except breakfast, which was adequate.