- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"Thoroughly enjoyed stay. Very professionally looked after. Freshness and quality of of cooked breakfast. Dinners just not what I was expecti..."
"see previous review..."
"Loved the fluffy towels and comfy bed. Spacious cosy room with great shower. Fab evening meal and lovely freshly cooked breakfast...."
"Pleasant hotel in a small village close to Castle Howard. Good English breakfast. Worth money...."
"We stayed at the Worsley Arms Hotel for a few days relaxation, We found it a perfect place to relax and unwind, it's an ideal place to stay..."
About the hotel
The Worsley Arms Hotel is an exquisite family run country house, offering an excellent restaurant, roaring log fires and an ideal location for visiting York. Set in beautiful Ryedale countryside between the North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales. Close by is Castle Howard, Pickering, Malton & Helmsley and York is just 20 minutes away.
Built in 1841 as a Georgian Spa Hotel the Worsley Arms offers an exquisite, timeless country house setting with open log fires and stylish furnishings. The restful and informal environment is perfect for a relaxing break in the North Yorkshire Countryside. The hotel is a perfect base for visitors to truly discover the delights of Rydale. The bedrooms, all of which have private bathrooms, are individually furnished and offer direct telephone, television and room service. Superior as well as standard bedrooms are available both in the main house and the cottages. For that special occasion there is an antique four poster suite. The cottages are directly across the road from the hotel on the green and rooms are slightly larger than those in the main house. Food is undoubtedly a highlight at The Worsley Arms. Chef, with a wealth of local produce on the door-step, aims to combine the best of traditional and modern cooking with presentation that reflects an individual style. The food can be enjoyed in the Restaurant where 3 courses of Award winning food costs around £27. 50 per person or dine in the more informal Cricketers Bistro. Situated in the picturesque village of Hovingham, the hotel is set between York (20 minutes) and The North York Moors in idyllic countryside. Set opposite Hovingham Hall and just a short drive from Castle Howard, the area is tranquil but full of so many things to see and do - you will be spoilt for choice and want to come back soon.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely surprise package
Thoroughly enjoyed stay.
Very professionally looked after. Freshness and quality of of cooked breakfast. Dinners just not what I was expecting - so much better. A pleasure to have a master sommelier advise on wine choice. Lovely small village and a good base for seeing what the area had to offer.
see previous review