- Very Good
- 60 guest reviews
"Good hotel, clean, comfortable and a car park..."
"I booked this hotel because of its central location and it was pretty much as I expected. Service was good if a bit apologetic because there..."
"More than happy with the hotel and staff in general. However I was charged more than I was originally quoted for the room and breakfast. No..."
"A warm welcome on arrival and a very pleasant hotel. Many leagues above what to expect from the Hampshire town. Pleasant area seating at the..."
"When I booked I was given the choice of a Continental Breakfast or a cooked one, the price of which wasn't included in the cost of the room...."
About the hotel
The Star and Garter is in the very centre of Andover The classic georgian facade has dominated the town since 1770 and overlooks the market square bustling with busy stall holders and shoppers. Thoughtfully converted and restored. The main hotel , stables and coach house encircle the old courtyard.
The 35 newly refurbished bedrooms have en suite bathrooms with bath and power shower. All bedrooms have flat screen telivisions with Freeview and free wifi. We have ample free parking and for your convenience we have 24/7 reception The Star and Garter has a Bar, it offers an extensive Hot and Cold Buffet Breakfast and there is also terrace. Our Bar has a selection of bottled beers, ales and an evening snack menu.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
The Star and Garter a citylodge hotel
Good hotel, clean, comfortable and a car park
I booked this hotel because of its central location and it was pretty much as I expected.
Service was good if a bit apologetic because there was a lot of refurbishment going on. Facilities were limited as a result of this and were not as listed on the LateRooms website.I had to go elsewhere to find dinner - not a problem, but not what I had planned.But the hotel has a nice feel to it,slightly quirky and old fashioned. it's an old coaching inn so hardly surprising. Rooms good, well equipped and comfortable. Free wi-fi throughout the hotel, and it works as well. Overall I liked it and would definitely go there again.