- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"My wife and I really enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.The rooms had great sea views .The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was of sh..."
"Stayed for 1 night in a platinum room. Hotel has been recently refurbished to a high quality. We particularly liked the large double bath. R..."
"Loved everything about the hotel including the great Scottish Music on Friday and Saturday nights...."
"i was surprised at the high standard of this hotel for a small island. this was one of the best hotels ive stayed in. rooms massive, excelle..."
About the hotel
On Islay’s famous Whisky Coast, in the fishing village of Port Ellen, overlooking the harbour and marina and just 2 hours by ferry from Kennacraig on the Scottish mainland, The Islay Hotel offers recently refurbished accommodation, a restaurant and well-stocked whisky bar. Guests can enjoy the unspoilt Scottish coastline and beaches, from 2 minutes' walk away. Each bedroom is individually designed and has a king or super-king bed, and a luxury en suite bathroom.
They all have sea views, a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and tea/coffee making facilities. The restaurant serves fresh, local food. Breakfast is served daily from 7:30, lunch from 12:00 to 14:30 and dinner from 18:00 to 21:00. There is fresh coffee, tea and home baking available throughout the day. Islay Airport is a 10-minute drive for The Islay Hotel. A links golf course is less than 10 minutes' drive away and guests can visit the distilleries of Laphroaig, Lagavulin, and Ardbeg, situated between 5 and 10 minutes' drive. There is free parking at the property.
Showing Tuesday 31 March 2015 to Wednesday 1 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Islay Hotel in Port Ellen are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Idyllic accommodation on Idyllic Island.
My wife and I really enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.The rooms had great sea views .The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was of showroom condition.The hotel has recently been refurbished and already enjoys a deserved reputation as being best on the island.The food was excellent as was the fine selection of whisky in the atmospheric bar which appeared popular with both residents and islanders .