- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"We stayed at Sheildhill during a snowy weekend in January. The scenery is breathtaking. The hotel is warm. Staff friendly. Bed is comfortabl..."
"A unique 12th century tower house that has been transformed into a wonderful experience. Totally relaxing as you know that everything will e..."
"Pity it was only for 1 night!! Have recommended to friends & family...."
About the hotel
Nestled in the beautiful upper Clyde Valley just 40 minutes from Edinburgh and Glasgow, this 12th Century grand Scottish mansion offers AA Rosette dining, luxurious accommodation, free Wi-Fi and parking. Independently-run, the baronial-style Hotel is infused with the genteel elegance of its historic past and still maintains many of its original period features. Each of en-suite guestrooms are individually styled and decorated to a very high standard.
Some are located in the main building and others are in the adjacent coach house and stable block. The 2 AA Rosette awarded Chancellor’s Restaurant specialises in quality Scottish cuisine made from the finest locally sourced produce. They offer an extensive wine list, whilst lighter meals are served in the Gun Room Bar or Oak Room Lounge. The Hotel can also arrange many activities including helicopter flights, hot air balloon rides and clay-pigeon shooting. It is located just 20 minutes from the M74 and is near to several golf courses. Please Note: The hotel charge the entire price of the reservation as a refundable deposit.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 31/12/2015 to 31/12/2024 - Please Note: The hotel charge the entire price of the reservation as a refundable deposit. For group bookings of 5 rooms or more a different cancellation policy applies. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
We stayed at Sheildhill during a snowy weekend in January.
The scenery is breathtaking. The hotel is warm. Staff friendly. Bed is comfortable. Great night's sleep. Shower is a little eccentric, but, hey, it's a castle. The original inhabitants would have had a bucket.
The room was freezing cold and staff didn't do very much about it then didn't do much about the bill would never stay there again