- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"Amazing beautiful place..."
"Breakfast was very poor. Rest of stay very good..."
"Staff friendly and efficient - ambience and interiors fantastic - bar arrangement different - overall great place to stay and eat...."
"We loved the hotel. It is beautiful. It was a relaxed, peaceful stay. Very comfortable. The staff were very nice especially during breakfast..."
"The staff were lovely and very accommodating. I only had breakfast but that was very good. I was a bit disappointed with the room. The accom..."
About the hotel
Melville Castle, once home to the influential Dundas family, is set within a 50 acre estate of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the river North Esk. Located just 20 minutes drive from Edinburgh’s city center this luxurious castle offers the tranquility of a country setting on the doorstep of this thriving city. The 32 classically styled bedrooms offer all the luxury & comfort you deserve and our friendly team will take pleasure in catering to all your requirements during your stay.
The Castle provides Bed and Breakfast accommodation and there are a number of award winning and highly recommended restaurants within 5 minutes drive. At one time the hunting seat of Mary Queen of Scots, the Castle was commissioned by the first Viscount Melville in 1791 for entertaining, which it continues to do to this day. We have ample free parking and a frequent 24 hour bus service to Edinburgh from the bus stop at the Castle Gates. Complimentary city maps and bus timetable are available at reception. Whether lounging with a drink next to a crackling fire in our library bar, or relaxing over a game of croquet on the lawn, we are sure you will enjoy your stay with us!
Showing Wednesday 1 April 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Croquet, Fishing, Quad Biking
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Melville Castle in Edinburgh are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Amazing beautiful place
Breakfast was very poor.
Rest of stay very good