- 15 guest reviews
"We had a couple of nights at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Quiet location, cheerful and approa..."
"What a fantastic hotel. This is certainly the 'Mary Poppins' of hotels - 'practically perfect in every way'. The staff are so friendly and g..."
"Great place to use as a base to explore East Lothian. Comfortable, great food and polite, friendly staff. Will undoubtedly stay at Craigiela..."
"Excellent accommodation and could not fault the food.We were made very welcome by everyone connected to the establishment...."
About the hotel
Situated in the heart of East Lothian’s famous Golf courses, Craigielaw offers world class Golfing, free Wi-Fi, an excellent restaurant and a prime location 30 minutes from Edinburgh. The Lodge is a fantastic base to enjoy Craigielaw Golf Club’s wonderful facilities, as well as exploring the surrounding county and all of Edinburgh’s attractions. With 25 well appointed rooms, 13 enjoy views across the course to the River Forth, whilst 12 rooms enjoy secluded views across a decorative courtyard.
The restaurant area is bright and spacious, allowing diners the freedom to enjoy the good company of their group and the excellent food served by the team of chefs. Many ingredients are sourced from local producers and the accompanying wine list boasts a good range of quality bottles. Inspired by the great links courses of Britain, the Golf course opened in 2001 and has hosted many national events, including the 2006 Scottish Amateur Strokeplay Championship and was a qualifying course for the 2007 British Seniors Open. Please note that Twins are on request and subject to availability.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Sauna , Pitch n' Putt
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Friendly staff and great location
We had a couple of nights at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Quiet location, cheerful and approachable staff, great food, and amazing views across to Fife as we ate our breakfast.
What a fantastic hotel.
This is certainly the 'Mary Poppins' of hotels - 'practically perfect in every way'. The staff are so friendly and genuinely like to help and to advise. They even make time to chat to their guests. A very nice touch. The rooms are huge in comparison to others my wife and I have stayed in. Our room was warm, comfortable and spotlessly clean. That goes for the bathroom too; with a big walkin shower. Brilliant!. The rooms are well insulated for both heat and sound. Built as the 19th hole of the golf course sound insulation is so important as golfers are known to rise early. We watchers less so. The bed was a 'super king size' my wife informed me. Very comfortable, with extra duvets in the room. Tea and coffee making facilities that included chocolate, something that seems to have disappeared from hotels these days. Flatscreen TV and FREE WiFi !. Nice touch.
The room furniture was new and matching. Nice A1 size photograph of a view over the golf course on the wall, instead of the usual weird mass produced prints. These people are obviously proud of their area. Food - glorious. Not an extensive menu but something to suit all tastes. Cooked to absolute perfection and Served with a smile. What more could anyone ask. The 'Full Scottish Breakfast ' was superb. Set us up a treat for our onward journey.
A 'Traveler Tip' : On entering the car park the Reception is not signed. Head for the Pro. Shop to the right at the blue building.