- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"Just needs updating and new showers. Took the shower ages to heat up. Everything else was great, booked next year..."
"Lovely hotel in gorgeous surroundings...."
"Edham House is a beautiful building, I believe it has recently changed hands and the new owners are looking to spend to improve it. It does..."
"We booked into the Ednam house hotel through laterooms.com. We had a few things we wanted to do and see in the borders. Ednam house was a lo..."
"Me and my wife and 9 year old child stayed for one night. The hotel is a lovely old building with acres of grounds for our boy to play in. W..."
About the hotel
Edam House is a gorgeous Georgian Mansion sitting in 3 acres of gardens overlooking the famous River Tweed, yet in the heart of the charming town of Kelso. Whilst the original building has been updated and extended through the years, it oozes charms and retains its character; the original woodwork, plaster ceilings & marble fireplaces are truly magnificent. Owned and run by the Brooks family since 1928, you can be assured of a warm welcome by your hosts Ralph and Anne.
They will treat you to genuine Scottish hospitality and authentic food during your stay. Let them take you back in time in this beautiful historical setting with friendly personal service and an informal atmosphere. Our hotel has 32 lovely rooms, all individually decorated in traditional style, a riverside restaurant offering a daily delicious menu using fresh local ingredients, as well a cosy lounges to relax and a warm and welcoming bar. Plus you can use Free Wifi in our public spaces. Besides using local fresh ingredients you will be interested to learn that we also smoke our own salmon, have bee hives and produce honey for your breakfast, raise free range pork, bake fresh bread, and have our own Whisky brand. In our modern Deli, ‘Pharlanne’, located at the entrance of the hotel, you can also buy these fresh ingredients and produce to take home with you. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of the Scottish Borders, perfect for exploring the wonderful countryside and visiting all the surrounding castles, abbeys, historic houses and gardens. For more active holidays, the Cheviots hills provide wonderful walks, there is salmon fishing on the river Tweed, enjoy stunning horse riding routes, easy access to the surrounding 22 golf courses, go cycling or mountain biking and Kelso also has its own horse race course.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other)
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Ednam House Hotel
Just needs updating and new showers.
Took the shower ages to heat up. Everything else was great, booked next year
Ednam House Hotel
Lovely hotel in gorgeous surroundings.