- 12 guest reviews
"Every one of the staff we encountered was outstanding - polite, friendly and helpful. Room a bit noisy (air conditioning, upstairs neighbour..."
"We visited another hotel in this chain. It was terrible! This hotel redeemed our experience. This hotel and its restaurant were excellent. O..."
"Amazing amazing amazing - room was out of this world. Customer service from staff was second to none..."
"Amazing! Made to feel very welcome. Rooms comfortable with some rooms with tin baths in the room, some rooms over-looking the cathedral, min..."
"We decided to treat ourselves for just the one night, what a wonderful time we had. The service was outstanding from the moment we arrived,..."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of the historic city of Ely, this luxurious Boutique Hotel is infused with a vibrant modern design boasting stylish accommodation, a destination restaurant and free Wi-Fi. Stylish, design-led interiors have injected a new sense of life and modernity back in to the Poet’s House without compromising the tranquil charms of the courtyard garden and surrounding buildings. The Hotel offers 21 seductively comfy en-suite guestrooms each with their own innovative features and individual style.
And did we mention the Butler? The Dining Room restaurant serves the very best of contemporary European cuisine with seasonal specialities and fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Their passion for food and drink is coupled with a relaxed attentive service. There is plenty of off-site parking and the hotel even offers a complimentary valet parking service. It is only 30 minutes from Cambridge and within walking distance of such popular attractions as Ely Cathedral and Oliver Cromwell’s House. Please note that the restaurant gets very busy, If you would like to eat at the restaurant we recommended booking a table in advance.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite , Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great staff, room a bit noisy
Every one of the staff we encountered was outstanding - polite, friendly and helpful.
Room a bit noisy (air conditioning, upstairs neighbours water noise from shower/bath, footsteps). Room decor will not suit all tastes (sort of ikea-antique). Great view of the Cathedral though. Dinner in restaurant overall a good experience, music etc appropriate for quiet romantic meal, service very good, not overly formal.
We visited another hotel in this chain.
It was terrible. This hotel redeemed our experience. This hotel and its restaurant were excellent. Only two issues, no razor socket in room and the young waiter in the restaurant seemed to think that the plural of Sir is Gents, not Gentlemen. When pointed out to him that Gents normally applies to a men's public lavatory, he smiled but did not apologise. A pity because the food was so good. We would return and hope he is on another shift.