- 9 guest reviews
"Made very welcome and service was first class. Accommodation acceptable if tired! Didn't have evening meal so unable to comment, but cooked..."
"What a very pleasent surprise .Arrived very early, hoping to just use the changing facilities ,was met by a very amiable member of staff ,wh..."
"Excellent, plentiful food. Very friendly staff. Parking limited - potentially a problem..."
"Nice friendly hotel good food good room..."
"Super room; I have stayed here before and it was excellent; bar and dining area could do with a lick of paint but food and breakfasts excell..."
About the hotel
Wensum Lodge Hotel is the only hotel in Fakenham. Our 3 star hotel, restaurant & bar, conference and events venue has riverside views and is located within beautiful gardens on the River Wensum in Fakenham, Norfolk. Formally an old Mill dating back to around 1750 and now renovated to offer a 'country hotel in the town', Wensum Lodge Hotel is ideal base for visitors, families and locals looking for a memorable stay in the area.
Read our page with fun ideas for family days out and more about our Family Fun Days. We are only a 3 minute walk from the market town of Fakenham town centre. Fakenham Racecourse is a 10 minute walk across the road from the Wensum Lodge Hotel (View Fakenham racing dates and Fakenham Farmers Market Dates). Our 17 en-suite bedrooms, 9 of which have been recently refurbished to complement the oak-beamed ground floor, offer all the facilities (including free Wi-Fi) and atmosphere to give our guests a comfortable and relaxing stay in Norfolk. We offer great food and bed & breakfast accommodation in a relaxing environment on the banks of River Wensum - there is a wonderful view of this from our Riverside Restaurant. Wensum Lodge Hotel, bar and riverside restaurant are open all year round including Christmas and New Year. Our garden area can seat up to 30 people. Children are able to play in the garden area under supervision of an adult and well behaved dogs are welcome. Free onsite car parking is available to all of our guests.
Showing Friday 5 February 2016 to Saturday 6 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Games Console , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Public Air Conditioning
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
I paid £90 for this room and I have to say totally overpriced.
Furnishings and décor do not equate but worst of all my room (11) was directly over the kitchen and extraction equipment clearly not doing the job. Woke up to room smelling of chip fat and all my clothes stunk of it. Hotel is shabby (weeds growing out of the roof) outside and to get to reception one has to negotiate a pool table in the entrance hall. This is a pub with rooms not a £90 a night quality hotel. Will not return and will not recommend. Food acceptable but limited choice (pub grub) so again not a high end offering. Final straw was on checkout I was not asked if my stay was ok (first rule fail) and had to tell Receptionist after payment!
Overnight at Wensum Lodge Hotel
Made very welcome and service was first class.
Accommodation acceptable if tired. Didn't have evening meal so unable to comment, but cooked breakfast excellent, very unusually freshly done warm toast!