This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Recommended as 'a must' by food critics in East Anglia. Rosette winning restaurant between 2008-2014 and 4 star Bed and Breakfast awarded by AA. Colin and Sarah appeared twice on BBC Television News demonstrating seafood dishes and more recently featured in a 'Cutting Edge' documentary on Channel 4.
The Old Forge is a 14th Century former coaching station with forge and is steeped in history. It was a resting place for pilgrims journeying to nearby Walsingham Abbey and has a figurine placed on the wall which is a sign that the building has been blessed spiritually. It is mentioned in 'A Pilgrim's Progress'. Based in Thursford, The Old Forge is perfectly situated for 'The Thursford Christmas Spectacular' and offers special rates for the show. It also opens early for pre-theatre meals to get you to the show on time. It is centrally located with Historical Holt only a ten minute drive away, the beautiful sandy beaches of Holkham and Wells next the Sea only a fifteen minute drive away and the city of Norwich only a forty minute drive. Colin and Sarah, his wife, are both experienced in the field of first class accommodation and cuisine. Colin, the chef proprietor trained in France and has worked in Inn on the Park and Grosvenor House Hotel in London. Fresh seafood is the specialty and Colin has invented many of his own dishes which are immensely popular with local regulars who dine at the restaurant. Simple touches such as using the exquisite shrimps from The Wash topped on succulent pieces of fish make such a difference to food. Local crayfish tails cooked with different spices, many of which are grown in the garden and lobster cooked in its own juices are a must. Lobster, crabs and oysters are purchased daily from the infamous fishermen on the coast at Blakeney and Wells next the Sea and prepared with many of Colin's secret recipes. Steak and lamb shank is available for your non-fishy friends.
Unfortunately this hotel is currently not open to bookings through LateRooms.com
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Horse Riding
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 11:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet