This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
The Cottage is the first property available under The “Hang Your Hat” banner and is unique to Winchester. Imagine your own private suite, in your own private hotel with champagne, handmade chocolates and fine malts, complimentary to your stay. Styled for visitors seeking a stylish or romantic bolthole, a place to enjoy some relaxation time and from where to visit the delights of Winchester.
Perfect for the traveler who wants to relax and chill at the end of the day, a book by a log fire, a glass of wine or watch the sun go down in the courtyard garden. It has space for dining and for entertaining colleagues and friends, our caterers can make any arrangements you need, or there is a fully equipped kitchen to simply do your own thing. On the walls there is art to savour and you will be delighted as you open every door. You will find a candle lit steam room to indulge in, gentle under floor heating beneath a limestone floor, fine linen and robes in the bedroom, a Jetmaster open fire with seasoned logs supplied. There is Wi-Fi for your laptop or tablet,Sky with all the movies and sports channels and a comprehensive DVD collection, all complimentary with your stay. If you need to work, there is a quiet and peaceful study. There is an interesting collection of books to explore and for the inquisitive, the history of the house and its surroundings to uncover. Stroll into the courtyard and find the stone, cut over a 1000 years ago and set in the wall, it's part of a mullioned window of Hyde Abbey, the resting place of King Alfred The Great who's bones are now thought to be buried in an unmarked grave in St Bartholomew's churchyard, a minutes’ walk from the Cottage. It's just a short walk to the centre of the city with it's award winning restaurants and pubs, nestled around the oldest High Street in England. Close by you have the Cathedral and beautiful walks through the nature reserve on Winnall Moors or the Water Meadows where Keats was inspired to write 'Ode To Autumn' It is the perfect location to explore the delights of Winchester; this ancient capital of England.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Steam Rooms , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:15 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet