- Very Good
- 38 guest reviews
"Most comfortable bed imaginable. Attentive service..."
"When I arrived having booked online with LateRooms 2 months previous, they had no record of the booking. Fortunately I had taken a print out..."
"We had couple of hours sleep as a night club in the same street music thumping until about 5 , these should def invest in better pvc sound p..."
"Wifi not available in rooms but managed to connect in bar area. No hot water from shower although basin water fine. Room clean, tidy & very..."
"Rooms were nicely decorated and looked recently refurbished. Breakfast in the morning was very good and the food served in the bar was tasty..."
About the hotel
A Charming Family owned Hotel in the centre of the Market Town, Bishop Auckland. Nestling in the Wear Valley within easy reach of Barnard Castle, Newcastle Darlington and Durham and only 10 minutes from the A1. Recently refurbished over 3 floors with 10 rooms ranging from single, twin, double or delux double, catering for the family holiday with a joining rooms, to the business traveler looking for that individual hotel rather than the faceless chains.
Only 200 yards from the entrance of Auckland Castle, the Bishop of Durham's residence and National Heritage site. The downstairs bar serves meals from 10. 30am until 8pm with a separate A la Carte dinning room on the middle floor overlooking the market square for those special occasions (7pm until 11. 30pm) & breakfasts for the guests (7am until 11. 30am). Function rooms are also available for co operate guests who would like conference facilities available from 10 up to 100 with special rates for all 10 rooms available - forward booking advisable. All rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and are all en suite with baths and showers. Breakfast is included in your room price with evening meals (A la Carte or bar) accommodated if required as part of the rate - please inquire for details when checking in. Plenty of local activities available from walking to fishing, cycling and historic local buildings including Auckland Castle with Bishop Auckland Golf Course only 1 mile away - Golf Parties welcome.
Showing Monday 27 April 2015 to Tuesday 28 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 10:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/01/2015 to 30/09/2015 - We apologise, but the swimming pool and sauna areas will not be available due to refurbishment during the above times. The LateRooms.com rates for The Castle Bar Hotel in Bishop Auckland are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Most comfortable bed imaginable.
Slight mix up
When I arrived having booked online with LateRooms 2 months previous, they had no record of the booking.
Fortunately I had taken a print out of my booking confirmation and they were able to offer me a room. Unsure what would have happened if they were fully booked though. They need to investigate to make sure that it doesn't happen again.