- Very Good
- 29 guest reviews
"The staff at the Castle Bar were all very friendly and the room decent but if you plan to spend Friday and Saturday nights at the hotel be a..."
"Great room breakfast was excellent staff very friendly ...."
"My wife and I were very happy with our overnight stay at the Castle, fantastic value for money with a lovely breakfast too. There was a prob..."
"The Castle Hotel is very well located, about 10 minutes' walk or so from the station and close to buses, shops and the town square. The room..."
"The hotel was nothing much to look at on the outside but the room made up for it,they are in the process of renovating the outside so it sho..."
About the hotel
A Charming Family owned Hotel in the centre of the Market Town, Bishop Auckland. Nestling in the Wear Valley within easy reach of Barnard Castle, Newcastle Darlington and Durham and only 10 minutes from the A1. Recently refurbished over 3 floors with 10 rooms ranging from single, twin, double or delux double, catering for the family holiday with a joining rooms, to the business traveler looking for that individual hotel rather than the faceless chains.
Only 200 yards from the entrance of Auckland Castle, the Bishop of Durham's residence and National Heritage site. The downstairs bar serves meals from 10. 30am until 8pm with a separate A la Carte dinning room on the middle floor overlooking the market square for those special occasions (7pm until 11. 30pm) & breakfasts for the guests (7am until 11. 30am). Function rooms are also available for co operate guests who would like conference facilities available from 10 up to 100 with special rates for all 10 rooms available - forward booking advisable. All rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and are all en suite with baths and showers. Breakfast is included in your room price with evening meals (A la Carte or bar) accommodated if required as part of the rate - please inquire for details when checking in. Plenty of local activities available from walking to fishing, cycling and historic local buildings including Auckland Castle with Bishop Auckland Golf Course only 1 mile away - Golf Parties welcome.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 10:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/01/2015 to 31/12/2015 - We apologise, but the swimming pool and sauna areas will not be available due to refurbishment during the above times. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
Nice but noisy
The staff at the Castle Bar were all very friendly and the room decent but if you plan to spend Friday and Saturday nights at the hotel be aware that there is a nightclub directly below that closes at 02.00 in the morning.
My sister and I were two floors above and couldn't get to sleep until the venue closed. Very noisy and boomy experience!
The Castle Bar Hotel
Great room breakfast was excellent staff very friendly .