Melody House and Melody Cottage were built around the start of the 14th century as a much larger residence than stands here today. It housed Gt Ryburgh Magnar's Guild Hall under the priory of Walsingham.
Ryburgh Magnar was a very powerful garrison settlement set along the banks of the beautiful River Wensum. It also had 3 fortified manor houses built in close vicinity. Its famous Saxon church with its round tower only stands 200 yards away.From 1656 the Guild Hall under went a great number of works to improve its structure after a fire removed its whole south wing and the introduction of window tax required the loss of a great number of its windows, a grand new gable end was added.
It was then sub-divided into 9 smaller tenament cottages. It also housed the village provision stores for nearly 400 years and a number of smaller retail outlets. There are folk law stories of priest stairs and underground tunnels leading to the church and the odd thing that goes bump in the night.
Rate not shown
To see the prices for the dates not selected, change your number of nights or arrival date.