- Very Good
- 35 guest reviews
"Don't expect too much..no lift ,rooms tired ,comfy bed old pillows..."
"Made to feel very welcome - nothing too much trouble. Food was excellent quality and quantity. Very comfortable bed and good facilities in t..."
"Points to address, the shower head was constantly dripping throughout our stay, it either needs a washer replacing or a new shower head atta..."
"I had a lovely comfy stay here. The staff were all friendly and really helpful. I'd stay here again...."
"This is the fourth time we have stayed at the Claxton. We have family who live within walking distance of the hotel so this is an ideal choi..."
About the hotel
A friendly family run hotel overlooking Redcar seafront. Ideal location on the high street close to all local shops and businesses. Within easy walking distance of Redcar Race course.
For your relaxation we have a residents bar with superb sea views. The dining room is open each evening to residents and their guests. Coaches and Race parties are welcome. We offer a wide range of en-suite accommodation a large number of which have sea views, each room has flat screen television and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities. Their are 6 ground floor bedrooms for those who find stairs a problem. We also have two function rooms available for birthdays weddings etc. Pets are Welcome at a small charge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Claxton Hotel weekend
Stayed for 3 nights.
Whilst staff tried to be accommodating as possible. Breakfast was Ok but nothing fancy. Basic standard English breakfast. First room we had was a twin (room 12) but wanted double. Smelt mouldy and damp. Weird having shower behind door and then having to walk across room to bathroom. Not the room you would give to someone who was just sharing with someone they knew as you would get a shock when they got out the shower
Room was small in size, hardly any room to move about.
bathroom was nice. Food was alright, staff was friendly but took a while to be seen.