- 6 guest reviews
"Stayed here over the weekend with a family group. We all had spacious rooms with well fitted out bathrooms, efficient heating and plenty of..."
"Nice place to stay with nice staff, would definately stay again...."
About the hotel
The Crown at Cookham offers comfortable, quality bed & breakfast accommodation in 8 ensuite rooms with full English breakfast. All rooms have bath and shower, tea/coffee making facilities, free Wi-Fi, FreeView and Sky, 32 inch LCD TV and radio alarm. Cots are also available on request.
The Crown offers a great rural escape in the pretty village of Cookham within the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead in North-East Berkshire, close the border with Buckingamshire. Cookham lies on the River Thames with a number of walks along the Thames Path and nearby National Trust property and is one of the most popular Thameside resorts . There are plenty of tourist attractions around Cookham and The Crown provides a great base from which to explore the local area. We have travel guides to the main towns and cities in Berkshire as well as some of the villages. The Crown also offers a fully stocked bar with a wide selection of drinks to cater for all tastes including a full wine list, quality beers and lagers, a range of soft drinks and Proud To Serve Costa Coffee. We offer 4 real ales and are cask marque accredited. In addition to breakfast we offer a range of delicious freshly prepared meals using the finest, locally sourced ingredients throughout the day and evening and the best Sunday roast in Cookham. As our dishes are cooked to order, our chefs are happy to alter dishes to suit special dietary requirements, so just ask us if we can help.
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Bar
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service
- Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
The rooms are not actually in the building but outside through the garden and all on the ground floor so as a single female traveller I didn't feel very safe.
The room itself was absolutely tiny with a very small double bed. The menu in the pub was ok quite a limited choice. There is NO WIFI at all. Inside they were painting and so there was nowhere to sit for my evening meal. The shower had no hot water. Overall a very disappointing stay.
Not worth the amount they are charging
First impressions was good but went down hill very quickly.
1)Bathroom went out onto a flat roof but the window would not lock. 2)Shower was only just warm and the flow of water was almost none existent
3)Paid extra for double bed but the room had two singles bolted together with two single mattresses so great big ridge down the middle of the bed
4) At nearly 1am the staff left the putting the loudest alarm in the world on, I honestly thought it was a fire alarm forcing me to get up. 5) TV remote did not work
6) I raised all these issues with the only member of staff available who said she would tell the manager. I have had no contact from them. All in all a disappointing stay that to be honest if I had paid £50 to £60 would have probably let go but at £100 I would say not good value for money.