- 26 guest reviews
"Fantastic place to stay - recommended to us by some friends who have stayed previously. The room was spotlessly clean and well equipped. The..."
"A surprise package found on the web and certainly lived up to its reputation regarding comments from past customers. Ideally located to trav..."
"Fantastic and faultless...."
"The hotel was brilliant we had a fantastic stay highly recommended been back twice now will go back again..."
"When we arrived it was clear that this is a very popular place to be! The staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was ex..."
About the hotel
Just off junction 61 of the A1M, The Old Mill is a traditional English Inn offering excellent food all day and en suite bedrooms. Durham is just 5 miles away. Tastefully furnished bedrooms feature bathrooms with a shower or bath.
They also include free Wi-Fi, TVs, hair dryers, telephones and tea/coffee making facilities. Enjoy a fine meal from the The Old Mill’s English and European menu in the large dining room, the mezzanine balcony or the conservatory. The bar has cosy alcoves creating a warm intimate atmosphere. Durham is easily accessible and the Cathedral and University are a short 10-minute drive. The Angel of The North and Newcastle are both within reach.
Showing Tuesday 1 September 2015 to Wednesday 2 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Fantastic stay, Great food!
Fantastic place to stay - recommended to us by some friends who have stayed previously.
The room was spotlessly clean and well equipped. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the pub the first evening of our stay and couldn't fault the food or the service. Breakfast in the morning cooked to order,and again couldn't fault it. The Old Mill is ideally situated for visiting Durham a few miles drive away.
The Old Mill
A surprise package found on the web and certainly lived up to its reputation regarding comments from past customers.
Ideally located to travel by car to Durham, Beamish Museum and the Durham Heritage Coast including many country drives inland. The food was excellent as portrayed by the full house of diners on a Wednesday evening - locals know best. The hotel itself has a great deal of character having been used for many purposes in its time.