- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"This wasa great hotel, if you have lots of money and wanta pool. The pool was bigger than usual and the reflective ceitling meant even if cr..."
"Great welcome and attention to detail...."
"Its a lovely setting; the rooms aren't cheap but they are nicely done; just be aware its not a place if you have mobility issues. There are..."
"This hotel was everything I expected from booking and more! Staff were extremely friendly on arrival and throughout my entire stay. All faci..."
"Pleasent enough and surroundings also nice, but brasserie and cocktail bar overpriced as was the whole cost. Concierge was very helpful. Bet..."
About the hotel
Sopwell House, nestling in the Hertfordshire countryside near the historic Roman town of St Albans, is a Georgian country house retreat and the former home of Lord Mountbatten. Traditional ambience and period features combine with contemporary service and facilities, all superbly located with easy access to the M1, M25 and A1(M) Motorways, and just 20 minutes to St Pancras International on the train. The extensive facilities at Sopwell House include 128 bedrooms, suites and apartments, two restaurants and two bars, a spa offering some of the finest health and leisure facilities in the area, as well as the impressive meetings and events facilities - 19 unique and flexible suites which can be tailored to your exact requirements.
Complimentary on-site parking for over 300 cars is available as well as complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel.
Showing Tuesday 7 July 2015 to Wednesday 8 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Sopwell House in St Albans are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
Taking my elderly Mother for a break
This wasa great hotel, if you have lots of money and wanta pool.
The pool was bigger than usual and the reflective ceitling meant even if crowded, you do not bump into one another. Swimming at 8.30 am was fine at 9 it got more crowded, as the public came. I got out at that point for breakfast which was fine, pricey, and good quality. the fruit was not perfectly ripe, being winter, ?the cooked breakfast was fab. I said I was bringing my old mum, and she was treated well witha chair to wheel her about in the garden. It would have been good to have been reminded about it sooner, because also we had a room which was a long way from the one lift, so remeber to ask fora room near the lift if someone in the party has mobility issues. Really the staff were fantastic, particularly Tony. My mum loves wine and thought the glass of New Zealand white we tried was excellent. The flowers were great, and formal with a great pool.
Great welcome and attention to detail.