- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"We stayed here recently after attending a wedding on site. It was a very nice venue for the wedding and though very busy (there was a charit..."
"Wonderful hotel, beautiful rooms, incredible service. Would definitely recommend it to anyone!..."
"The hotel is beautiful, it's clear that a lot of thought was put into the design. The staff were very polite and accommodating. The food was..."
"It was such a wonderful place to stay the staff were so welcoming & so helpful the room was beautiful & very comfortable it was very much ho..."
"I booked sopwell house hotel on a buisness trip , this hotel does not disappoint , gym , pool , spa , fantastic rooms , superb food and grea..."
About the hotel
Sopwell House, nestling in the Hertfordshire countryside near the historic Roman town of St Albans, is a Georgian country house retreat and the former home of Lord Mountbatten. Traditional ambience and period features combine with contemporary service and facilities, all superbly located with easy access to the M1, M25 and A1(M) Motorways, and just 20 minutes to St Pancras International on the train. The extensive facilities at Sopwell House include 128 bedrooms, suites and apartments, two restaurants and two bars, a spa offering some of the finest health and leisure facilities in the area, as well as the impressive meetings and events facilities - 19 unique and flexible suites which can be tailored to your exact requirements.
Complimentary on-site parking for over 300 cars is available as well as complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. Our leisure facilities are available for use from 3. 00pm on the day of arrival until 11. 00 am on the day of departure. We offer a Children's Swim time from 8 am until 10 am on a daily basis. Outside these times our Spa facilities are only accessible for Adults.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/02/2016 to 31/12/2024 - Upon check-in we require a credit card to pre-authorize Accommodation & £100 per room, per night for any incidentals. Third party payments are not accepted and the Card holder must be present. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Enjoyable stay but expensive
We stayed here recently after attending a wedding on site.
It was a very nice venue for the wedding and though very busy (there was a charity dinner going on on site the same day) staff were still attentive and everything seemed to run smoothly. The facilities (pool and spa) and service/food at breakfast time were good but pretty standard for the type of place and again, very busy with guests so not as relaxed as we might have wanted had we come specifically for a spa break. We were upgraded from a superior double room to a small mews suite which was a nice quiet room with posh facilities (eg a nespresso machine, access to a communal hot tub). All in all we had a really enjoyable stay but felt it really is expensive for what it is. The upgraded room made it OK for what we paid.
Wonderful hotel, beautiful rooms, incredible service.
Would definitely recommend it to anyone!