- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"I stayed here whilst on a business course in Brighton. The Hotel offered a comfortable stay with excellent food and good customer service. T..."
"Very friendly staff superb breakfast lovely location...."
"we had a superior double room which was very comfortable, clean and spacious with stunning views over the downs. Lovely breakfast , would st..."
"Great hotel in a really picturesque and quiet setting at the foot of the South Downs. We stayed here for one night and were impressed by the..."
"A nice little find, tucked away in the hills with very pretty views, lovely clean bright rooms and very good value for money...."
About the hotel
An historic building dating back to 1604 offering light and spacious dining, bar and accommodation whilst retaining the charm of original beams and inglenook fireplaces. Sample our excellent traditional menus with speciality locally sourced fish dishes. Cuddle up with cosy log fires, perfect for a crisp winter's day or relax on our terrace and drink in the sun and picturesque scenery on warmer days.
Whether your visit is social or business, you’ll experience our friendly difference. Character rooms and comfortable accommodation are as individual as you are. All rooms include: hairdryer tea and coffee making facilities mineral water flatscreen TV with Freeview ironing facilities.
Showing Saturday 1 August 2015 to Sunday 2 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Our overnight stay in Sussex
On the plus side the hotel overlooks the South Downs, it's quiet and convenient. Plenty of parking space. On the negative side the hotel is tired. Our room was furnished with very old fashioned furniture, the curtains were coming away from the rail and the decor was very dated.
Great option for a business stay out of Brighton
I stayed here whilst on a business course in Brighton.
The Hotel offered a comfortable stay with excellent food and good customer service. There's a lovely hill countryside walk right outside the hotel and I found it be a pleasant place to stay away from the bustle of Brighton.The drive to Brighton took about 25 minutes.